Somerset town jumps on the PC bandwagon

No flag of St George for Radstock because of links to Crusades | Somerset Guardian

...seriously?

It's ok to fly the rainbow flag which will offend god knows how many Christians, the most populous religion in this country, but not ok to fly the flag of St George in case it offends a tiny amount of Muslims?

I'm considering buying a ticket for the outrage bus
Nasima Begum, a spokeswoman for the Muslim Council of Britain, said it encouraged the flying of the St George’s flag.

She said: “St George needs to take his rightful place as a national symbol of inclusivity rather than a symbol of hatred. St George actually lived before the birth of Islam and should not be associated with any hatred of Muslims.”

"Nasima Begum, a spokeswoman for the Muslim Council of Britain, said it encouraged the flying of the St George’s flag.She said: “St George needs to take his rightful place as a national symbol of inclusivity rather than a symbol of hatred. St George actually lived before the birth of Islam and should not be associated with any hatred of Muslims.”

So, translated, pig ignorant leftie Councillor makes decision based on her own prejudice.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Town council chairwoman councillor Lesley Mansell said: “We do not have a Union Jack and the discussion was mainly about purchasing one to fly mainly for Armistice Day.

Can we park the Outrage Bus yet?

Who ******* gives a shit............

Councillor Eleanor Jackson (Lab, Radstock), a university lecturer and teacher, said its use during the Crusades of the 11th, 12th and 13th centuries could mean the English national flag could be seen by some as offensive.
Why is it that universities and councils appear to be inundated with bleeding heart, left-wing cnuts? How do people as soppy as this even get into power?

"but even more so that it has been hijacked by the far right. My thoughts are we ought to drop it for 20 years.”

The outrage bus of course misses that bit.

Sad that the national flag is seen that way... but typical of the media to focus on the "PC Gone Mad" aspect.

J

Joshua Slocum

I was a member of the Crusaders union as a young man
I must dig out the badge
but I never recall any problems with my Moslem schoolfriends ??
of course its had to change its name now to be PC
this counciller is an idiot of the first order

"but even more so that it has been hijacked by the far right. My thoughts are we ought to drop it for 20 years.”

The outrage bus of course misses that bit.

Sad that the national flag is seen that way... but typical of the media to focus on the "PC Gone Mad" aspect.
I think she's wrong even there though, national symbols will always be used by nationalist groups. It's like saying we should pull down all statues of churchill because the BNP use his image.

Council vetoes flag of St George after concerns raised about links to Crusades - Telegraph oohhh the outrage has gone national, yum

I think the word 'power' may be a little strong in this instance.
Not where I live. One of our local councillors brought a signed photograph into my local pub, a place he sometimes frequents and asked the Manager if he could hang it in a prominent position within the bar. I snorted beer from my nose at the sheer brass neck of the twat while the Manager politely declined, reminding him that he was only a celebrity in his own mind.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Officers 3
Soldier_5 OTC and ACF 5
Tango34_UK OTC and ACF 6