Somerset town jumps on the PC bandwagon

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Beany1945, May 15, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 1
  1. Nasima Begum, a spokeswoman for the Muslim Council of Britain, said it encouraged the flying of the St George’s flag.

She said: “St George needs to take his rightful place as a national symbol of inclusivity rather than a symbol of hatred. St George actually lived before the birth of Islam and should not be associated with any hatred of Muslims.”

• Like Like x 6
  2. "Nasima Begum, a spokeswoman for the Muslim Council of Britain, said it encouraged the flying of the St George’s flag.She said: “St George needs to take his rightful place as a national symbol of inclusivity rather than a symbol of hatred. St George actually lived before the birth of Islam and should not be associated with any hatred of Muslims.”

So, translated, pig ignorant leftie Councillor makes decision based on her own prejudice.

• Like Like x 12
  3. See above

4. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Can we park the Outrage Bus yet?

5. Who ******* gives a shit............

• Like Like x 2
  6. Why is it that universities and councils appear to be inundated with bleeding heart, left-wing *****? How do people as soppy as this even get into power?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. "but even more so that it has been hijacked by the far right. My thoughts are we ought to drop it for 20 years.”

The outrage bus of course misses that bit.

Sad that the national flag is seen that way... but typical of the media to focus on the "PC Gone Mad" aspect.

8. I think the word 'power' may be a little strong in this instance.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Try telling her that!

10. I was a member of the Crusaders union as a young man
    I must dig out the badge
    but I never recall any problems with my Moslem schoolfriends ??
    of course its had to change its name now to be PC
    this counciller is an idiot of the first order

11. You do know this isn't the ginger minger thread don't you?

• Like Like x 1
  12. I think she's wrong even there though, national symbols will always be used by nationalist groups. It's like saying we should pull down all statues of churchill because the BNP use his image.

Council vetoes flag of St George after concerns raised about links to Crusades - Telegraph oohhh the outrage has gone national, yum

13. Nuff Said. Crusader.jpg

14. Who the hell else is going to employ them.