Someone's Got a Book To Sell.

Don't know if it's been posted before. Punch me if it has.

Harry saved me from gay hate attack: Prince in extraordinary showdown with troops who threatened gunner | Mail Online

A gay soldier told last night how Prince Harry bravely rescued him from a terrifying homophobic attack by squaddies from a rival regiment.
The Prince stepped in to save Trooper James Wharton after he was confronted by six soldiers threatening to ‘batter’ him.
Trooper Wharton fled to find Harry – who was his tank commander – and tearfully told the Prince what had happened.
‘I told him, “I think I’m going to be murdered by the infantry.” I climbed into the turret and talked Harry through exactly what had happened. He had a complete look of bewilderment on his face.
‘I couldn’t stop the tears from welling up in my eyes. He said, “Right I’m going to sort this s*** out once and for all.”

'He climbed out of the tank and I poked my head out of the turret a few moments later to see him having a go,’ Wharton said.
Harry, a Troop Commander in the Blues and Royals, confronted the tormentors, warning them they would face severe discipline if they continued their violent threats.
‘I could see he wasn’t holding back,’ said Wharton, who was 21 at the time.
After taking on the gang, Harry briefed a senior officer before returning to assure Wharton the situation had been ‘sorted’.
The soldier, who quit the Army earlier this year, said: ‘I will always be grateful to Harry and I will never forget what happened. Until he went over and dealt with everything I was on track for a battering.’
The remarkable incident reinforces the view of Harry as an officer with unfailing commitment to the troops under his command.

The confrontation came on a training exercise in Canada in September 2008 and is detailed in a book Wharton has written about his ten-year military career, Out In The Army – exclusive extracts from which appear in today’s Mail on Sunday.

Read more: Harry saved me from gay hate attack: Prince in extraordinary showdown with troops who threatened gunner | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Don't read the whole thing unless you want to projectile vomit at the suckyuppyness.

It's shit.

Was Harry in BATUS Sept 2008? He was there June 2007, but as a safety red top not a troopy.

It was my first night in the Army, and the platoon sergeant was laying down a few ground rules for our basic training.

‘Be on time; have the correct equipment; don’t bully anyone; and don’t come out if you’re a fag .  .  . I can’t stand faggots,’ he said.
I was startled. Was the Army that openly homophobic? Maybe being gay just wasn’t allowed. His statement rendered me totally confused and I could feel my heart shudder.

Read more: Harry saved me from gay hate attack: Prince in extraordinary showdown with troops who threatened gunner | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Yeah, because that happened.

I'm still getting over the fact that some donkey wallopers aren't gay, you'll be telling me all female soldiers are essence next.
Nice try.

As soon as I saw there were gayers and gwars involved, I didn't read it.
Don't read it. You'll get goose bumps, the urge to smack the lad in the head with a shovel, repeatedly, and a little bit of bile in the back of your throat.

Don't read it. You'll get goose bumps, the urge to smack the lad in the head with a shovel, repeatedly, and a little bit of bile in the back of your throat.
I'm starting to get the idea that this lad wasn't getting a shoeing for being a wooly woofter, but actually it was just because he seems to be a bit of a cock

Sent in a harsh font, using finger paints

poirot.jpg
I'm starting to get the idea that this lad wasn't getting a shoeing for being a wooly woofter, but actually it was just because he seems to be a bit of a cock

Sent in a harsh font, using finger paints
You don't say?

Z

Zarathustra

Isn't that the same guy who was on the front cover of soldier mag a few years ago?

You know, in 12 years I can only recall 2 occasions where I've heard of any sort of homophobic attack/abuse. Both times it happened to one of the lads in my Plt. Both were verbal abuse rather than physical attacks and both were sorted out in short order by the guys in the Plt.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, however in todays Army most of the younger soldiers who've joined up since 2000 will have never known the Army when it was no gays allowed and will have most likely known people who were gay at school, college or university (yes there are junior ranks with degrees, even in the Infantry) so it's not really a taboo subject anymore.

‘Be on time; have the correct equipment; don’t bully anyone; and don’t come out if you’re a fag .  .  . I can’t stand faggots,’ he said.

Are we talking about the British Army or the American army? I don't think I ever heard a British soldier use the word faggot...unless of course he was referring to this tasty dish:

Faggots - Faggots Recipe

The sgt probably said don't come on parade without a fag for him, as he probably scrounged cigarettes off the recruits - "Fag for the corporal"

Rodney2q

Another thought...

If the bloke concerned didn't have the balls to stand up and fight his corner over something like that would you want him in your crew when the shit hit the fan? Why didn't his mates back him up? Was he a just complete dick who annoyed everyone? I think we should be told.

FWIW I always found that the lads in my squadron/company/troop/platoon* would always back their mates against outsiders.

Rodney2q

*delete as applicable. Or not. I don't care.

What ever the exact facts of the case are, one thing is for sure.
His Troopie saw a wrong- stepped in and righted it.
The self - centred little shit repaid the loyalty with a kiss and tell story putting Harry in an undeserved situation.

Z

Zarathustra

Another thought...

If the bloke concerned didn't have the balls to stand up and fight his corner over something like that would you want him in your crew when the shit hit the fan? Why didn't his mates back him up? Was he a just complete dick who annoyed everyone? I think we should be told.

FWIW I always found that the lads in my squadron/company/troop/platoon* would always back their mates against outsiders.

Rodney2q

*delete as applicable. Or not. I don't care.
The friend I alluded to in an earlier post knows this chap, I was speaking to him about it after the article in Soldier and the Padre fiasco and he wasn't particularly complimentary about him. I only skimmed the article so might have missed it if they said he's now out, but, if he's still serving I wonder if he got permission to speak to the press.

I see that it follows the usual format of these things. From what I've read of it so far it's no different than the 'stories' of other gays in the Forces or Services. How our hero overcame such remarkable odds in the face of such institutional homophobia, and that in the end the chief tormentor was gay themselves.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

The Prince stepped in to save Trooper James Wharton after he was confronted by six soldiers threatening to ‘cover him in batter’.
So he bottled it when he was offered the bukkake of a lifetime

A poof and a scardy poof at that

It'd be good if Harry sent out a rebuttal saying that either it didn't happen or that he felt sorry for him and actually stopped him getting beaten for being a gobby cunt boasting to everyone about being Harry's personal knob washer.

How would another unit know that he was gay? Was he mincing around in drag offering his arse for rent? Unless he made an issue of it then it wouldn't be known outside of his own unit.