Someone's Got a Book To Sell.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by The_Snail, Jun 9, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Don't know if it's been posted before. Punch me if it has.

Harry saved me from gay hate attack: Prince in extraordinary showdown with troops who threatened gunner | Mail Online

Don't read the whole thing unless you want to projectile vomit at the suckyuppyness.

It's shit.
  2. Deserves a battering for being a donkey walloper, gayest regiment in the world.
    • Like Like x 5
  3. Was Harry in BATUS Sept 2008? He was there June 2007, but as a safety red top not a troopy.
  4. Shhhhh, dont ruin it with something silly like facts!

Sent in a harsh font, using finger paints
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Yeah, because that happened.
    • Like Like x 3
  6. I'm still getting over the fact that some donkey wallopers aren't gay, you'll be telling me all female soldiers are essence next.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Nice try.
  8. As soon as I saw there were gayers and gwars involved, I didn't read it.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Don't read it. You'll get goose bumps, the urge to smack the lad in the head with a shovel, repeatedly, and a little bit of bile in the back of your throat.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I'm starting to get the idea that this lad wasn't getting a shoeing for being a wooly woofter, but actually it was just because he seems to be a bit of a cock

Sent in a harsh font, using finger paints
    • Like Like x 3
  11. poirot.jpg
    You don't say?
  12. Isn't that the same guy who was on the front cover of soldier mag a few years ago?

You know, in 12 years I can only recall 2 occasions where I've heard of any sort of homophobic attack/abuse. Both times it happened to one of the lads in my Plt. Both were verbal abuse rather than physical attacks and both were sorted out in short order by the guys in the Plt.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, however in todays Army most of the younger soldiers who've joined up since 2000 will have never known the Army when it was no gays allowed and will have most likely known people who were gay at school, college or university (yes there are junior ranks with degrees, even in the Infantry) so it's not really a taboo subject anymore.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. ‘Be on time; have the correct equipment; don’t bully anyone; and don’t come out if you’re a fag .  .  . I can’t stand faggots,’ he said.

Are we talking about the British Army or the American army? I don't think I ever heard a British soldier use the word faggot...unless of course he was referring to this tasty dish:

Faggots - Faggots Recipe

The sgt probably said don't come on parade without a fag for him, as he probably scrounged cigarettes off the recruits - "Fag for the corporal"

• Like Like x 1
  14. Another thought...

If the bloke concerned didn't have the balls to stand up and fight his corner over something like that would you want him in your crew when the shit hit the fan? Why didn't his mates back him up? Was he a just complete dick who annoyed everyone? I think we should be told.

FWIW I always found that the lads in my squadron/company/troop/platoon* would always back their mates against outsiders.

*delete as applicable. Or not. I don't care.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. What ever the exact facts of the case are, one thing is for sure.
    His Troopie saw a wrong- stepped in and righted it.
    The self - centred little shit repaid the loyalty with a kiss and tell story putting Harry in an undeserved situation.
    • Like Like x 4