Someone's blown up an AS90 in Canada

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by Thruster, Jun 7, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. No one injured - but Ludgershall could do with rolling out one of the war stock guns.

Will it be a cover up?  Can the Royal Regiment ever admit to getting anything slightly wrong?  Might screw things up for all concerned - the doo doo would flow uphill right through the Number One's alimentary canal and onto the CO's desk.

Wouldn't mind a photo, though.  Apparently just the tracks are left, with a cartoon-style pile of ashes and charred metal in between.

EMPTY GUNS!

2. Now true or not.... This is really interesting stuff... we do of course need to see photographic proof, besides, how the fu*k do you do that to an AS90??

By the way shouldn't this sort of information have been put in the 'Int Cell' thread?

3. 48 rounds in the turret.  Charge Bag about to be loaded gets set off.  47 more to go but the burning action gives them time to get far enough away for just a few minor shrapnel wounds.

Thoroughly unreliable sources suggest a picture has found its way onto the internet somewhere.

4. how unreliable was it mentioned on the Coffee Pot sure the number one will have some pic on return from med man

5. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

I have some awesome photos of an MLRS accident which are three years old.  The rockets cooked off in the pods whilst it was on the firing point.  The crew luckily escaped when they noticed that the first rocket had landed 40 feet in front of the LLM, so they gave it big licks out of the cab (with safety officer in tow) in the other direction after which the rest of the rockets proceeded to ignite within the launcher itself.  I have the "after" photos.  Anyone interested in seeing them??

6. Do you think that is wise GQ with the amount of "personalities" who have guessed who you are?   If fact put them on it was pretty funny.   Although i have photos of a particular Command Post, stuck in a shell crater during a move over the impact area many moons ago, with the det commander giving me the bird.   Shall i put those on??  ::)

7. Now have many pictures as part of a PPT presentation. Will downloads@arrse.co.uk use it if I send it to them? I don't think it's too sensitive, just rather spectacular.

8. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Send us what you've got and we'll decide whether we can or can't post them!

9. I think there's a call for a thread or area of the site where we can post/view the spectacular sort of photos of things going wrong on exercise. You know the sort of thing, I used to have plenty of pics of vehs bogged in or having 'bumped' a locals house or other mishaps.

Might even be useful for some people to brighten up the really boring road safety/x-country/fire safety briefings!

Just a thought  :-*

10. Ashchurch can't roll one out of war stock (not least because there is no longer any such thing) because the ones they do have are what is commonly referred to as christmas trees - cannabalised hulks!

11. to get photos on here they have to be available on the www.

If anyone has photos they want to post but doesnt have a website to host them they can send them to me and I will put them on a site and email you the link so thay can be posted.

just email to my address below and I'll sort the rest out for you.

Humph

12. Someone put the kybosh on the photo's then? :eek:

13. Bad CO

Ok here it is!
    [​IMG]

14. Bad CO

And of course, anything we can do the SPAMS can do better!

[​IMG]

15. Excellent 2 new photos for the recruiting presentation.