Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Someone help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

oki

Crow
So bassicly I applied for British army full time in jAnuary done the interview passed , sent of my medicals and it came back I've been defered due to misuse of cannabis 3 years ago the thing is when I went to see the doctor I was having a rough time with life job living with a girl looking after her dad as he was ill so I had a lot on my plate I'm saying i think the doctor just pinned it on using cannabis can I do anything about this or should I just leave it till the date it says to re apply
It also states on the letter that when I do re apply I need evidence that I'm symptom and treatment free but I never received any treatment for this to begin with?
Sorry for long paragraph just really stuck on what to do next

Haha i used to get high as the clouds when i was younger, wouldn't touch it now or anything for that matter as I'm a fitness freak but come on cant judge a lad on his teenage years who hasn't smoked the green? I mean we do learn from put mistakes dont we :ppp

You should appeal, you should win if you can get your doctor to state that you wasnt undergoing treatment, however if your using it will show on your test and if you had to have regular appointments that is classed as treatment for drug miss use as you needed help :/ good luck

So bassicly I applied for British army full time in jAnuary done the interview passed , sent of my medicals and it came back I've been defered due to misuse of cannabis 3 years ago the thing is when I went to see the doctor I was having a rough time with life job living with a girl looking after her dad as he was ill so I had a lot on my plate I'm saying i think the doctor just pinned it on using cannabis can I do anything about this or should I just leave it till the date it says to re apply
It also states on the letter that when I do re apply I need evidence that I'm symptom and treatment free but I never received any treatment for this to begin with?
Sorry for long paragraph just really stuck on what to do next

OK. Serious answer. Bearing in mind it comes from a jack civvy ****, so I don't know what I'm talking about.

The fact that you saw a doctor, kind of implies that there is more to this than just smoking a bit of weed. Re-read the letter you received, in detail, and see exactly what they want you to do. If you need to, contact them for further explanation as to what hoops you're going to have to jump through to get in. Then start gathering the evidence that you're doing what's needed to meet the requirements. Even if you can, and do, appeal the decision to defer your application, proving that you're willing to do what's needed will stand you in good stead.

If you think nobody in the army has a past your deluded. Or nobody in the army has ever used cannabis then...lol.
The OP has not given a large amount of detail.
There's a difference between an occasional, recreational user, and a bloke who sits and tokes it up all day.
I used to partake socially, maybe twice a month, but gave it up.
I also knew some chaps who hit the blunts at every opportunity.
If OP fell into that category, then it is understandable that there's a record of his excessive use.
Draw a comparison between cannabis and alcohol.
Some enjoy a social drink, some keep caning it until they are pie-eyed. And do it virtually every day.
And they are the chaps who will then get into a car "I'm alright to drive" and kill somebody.
Likewise, a lot of heavy users are in denial that their habit impairs their abilities - in fact, they'll argue the exact opposite.
It is all about - and I'm sure the army agrees - a lack of judgment/sense of responsibility.

*edit*

"I was having a rough time with life job living with a girl looking after her dad as he was ill so I had a lot on my plate"

OP, do you think that, in any military organisation, you'll never have 'a lot on your plate'?
In fact, part of the deal is that your plate gets stacked high pretty often, on purpose, (and I don't mean TWO sausages here!) to test your mettle.
If you have a record of drug use, linked to 'a lot on your plate', then questions will be asked: 'is this candidate going to cope, or his he going to head off to the psychoactives again?'

Last edited:
OP - please use the sticky on the recruiting board specifically for medical enquiries.

The "comedians" - Re-familiarise yourself with the recruiting board rules, and follow them. No more warnings, one month bans for any repeat offences.

All clear?

Status
Not open for further replies.