Somebody's a shower of fuckin' hypocrites.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Taffd, Aug 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Maddie apparently, is fair game for anybody, as is anybody famous who dies. The only good chav is a dead one? Condemn a whole estate, condemn every estate, contend that it's good that a little girl dies, rather than grow up to be possibly of a class that's deemed unworthy.

Any suggestion that such derogatory posting might be a bit 'off', is met with the response that it's squaddie humour. Showing cheerfulness in the face of adversity. How squaddies deal with tragedy.

So when a soldier dies, why do we not see reams of the sickest humour squaddies are capable of? Where's the line?

Today, on the 'Ally' thread, we see a phot of a Maori repatriation, with no caption, that initially invites ridicule, then forces people to back-pedal. Done deliberately? Who knows.

I'd like all those who make their humorous comments about Maddie, or Tia, or Eddie etc, to explain why they don't make the same sort of comments when a soldier dies.

What's the rationale?

2. Who let you out of the sewer?

3. I'd love to crayon over the RIP threads but the shitstorm from all the self righteous butt plugs wouldn't be worth it.

4. I used to crayon on the RIP threads, but got bored of it.

5. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

I'll think you found dingerr took a ribbing for arsing around when he came back online

6. Got out of bed the wrong side today have we ?

7. I'll have you know whilst at the funeral of one of our blokes we were sat in the church sniggering like school boys who had just seen a penis drawn in a biology book.

8. If it's your own and all that... go to Bastion ED and see the difference in people when they bring a dying Afghan and a dying Brit

9. Not sure I understand that. Are you imlpying that I'm of the press?

Anyhow, the opening post doesn't say I'm for or against anything, it merely questions the 'apparent' hypocracy.

Are squaddies' deaths sacrosanct here, and if so why?

10. Here let me help you, he is implying that you are a cunt!

You do realise what kind of website this is don't you!

11. The clue's in the title of the website surely?

I'm sure cot death jokes would go down a real storm on mumsnet either...

• Like Like x 1
  12. YABOS

• Like Like x 1
  13. It's the hypocrisy of Arrse.

We make jokes about have banter with people who get injured. A mate got his hand blown off, it wasn't long before people were asking if he still needed his PSP.

There is a large portion of this site who haven't served, they seem to think he way to fit in is to make shit jokes about maddie/dead chavs but not being squaddies they just dont get/understand the humour.

Edit** Just to clarify I don't think making jokes about the dead or injured with strangers on the Internet is on. But back in the block with your mates and a few beers sometimes black humour is the way to go ( within reason).

• Like Like x 1
  14. Squaddies? On ARRSE? Have a word.

22 Nov before you ask.