Some wew buggered my roof - help needed

My study has sprung a leak. On sending a roofer to have a look, it appears that someone has made off with the lead flashing from the base of the chimney, and broken a number of tiles.
I think our roofer lost interest when our insurers insisted on him justifying his assertion that the whole roof needs replacing and providing a detailed itemised breakdown of estimated costs.

Can anyone recommend a roofer* within reach of Gloucester?

*Please don't send Mr Bane, much as I admire him!

My study has sprung a leak. On sending a roofer to have a look, it appears that someone has made off with the lead flashing from the base of the chimney, and broken a number of tiles.
I think our roofer lost interest when our insurers insisted on him justifying his assertion that the whole roof needs replacing and providing a detailed itemised breakdown of estimated costs.

Paging @Joshua Slocum

Wee Hawken

War Hero

Keith Sacklyn. Probably not cheap: but good. I think he's retired now and son taken over. Based Redmarley.

Normally I would suggest the much cheaper flash band, however if the insurance is paying leads the best way.

There is a special paint to prevent theft.
There’s also the flame thrower option too

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
top lad
does work for me

it may well be that the flashing came loose and the wind took the flashing away
its unusual for people to steal flashing unless its easy to get to
you should also report it to the police, perhaps its happening elsewhere

top lad
does work for me

it may well be that the flashing came loose and the wind took the flashing away
its unusual for people to steal flashing unless its easy to get to
you should also report it to the police, perhaps its happening elsewhere

:p R Tyler? Roof tiler?

Reminds me of this:

D6851A96-55BF-463D-BA27-3CB8AC63DA3E.jpeg

Try Seth Bence. He's done good work for me and can recommend. Good feed in to other tradesmen. Glos/Stroud area.