Some things are almost beyond comment.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by SLRboy, Feb 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Gospel according to St John - Chapter 11 Verse 35, says it all.
  2. <<Through most of the 25-minute interview, he kept his hands clasped at chest level, as if in prayer, and in closing, did allow that he was worried as never before about his father, who he said was one of the most underrated presidents in American history.>>

Worried that it's true and a family tradition.
  3. Some men are born great, some men have greatness thrust upon them.
    Other men come unprepared for office but grow into it over time.

None of these things apply to George W. Bush. For all he's learnt in the past eight years he might as well have pumped gas at his local station.
    How can such an individual have become the most powerful man in the world?
  4. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

A knob, pure and simple, of the very highest order.

And if any of our friends across the pond wish to take offence at my views, then accept withot further recourse, that you are even dimmer than him if you can't see the truth of the statement.
  5. He isn't, his cronies who make all the decisions for him and for whom he has merely been a front man are the ones with the power.
  6. Even in settled times to have been the POTUS for eight years would of course be a life changing experience.
    These years have not been settled ones filled as they have been by terrorism and war.

How can anyone (not on medication of some kind) say that he doesn't think he has changed?

One thing the interview confirms to me is that the surge in Iraq is not his idea. This is an individual who obviously has no ideas in every sense of the word. Cheney is the real president Bush is the stooge.
  7. I have often wondered if, in years to come, we aren't going to find out that Cheney or one of them was working for the Israelis. Certainly laughing boy there is just a figurehead.
  8. He said that if you want to know if he's changed in eight years it would be best to ask Laura. I wonder what she would say? Perhaps she would say his hair has got a little greyer and he's put on a little weight around his waist.
    That would be interesting wouldn't it.
  9. Along those lines, I wonder if biblical Bush has ever pondered 1 Corinthians 1:27:

"But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong..."

I think the wise in America are sufficiently shamed. Bring on the next election.
  10. Excuse me for asking cheepseats but I wonder if that shouldn't be of very lowest order?
  11. Oh very good to you both. After Isquared mentioned it I tried to do a search but came up with nowt. So thanks Tanks for reproducing it.

Now this is one of the things I have noticed over the Bush/Blair period. Good people of sound and intelligent and lawful minds have been obliged by circumstance to try and enact out the base venal and fundamentally stupid plans of fools and criminals.
    This, almost even more than the dreadful actualities of the subsequent wars has terrified me more than any war on terror ever could.

The best of best men used in the service of the worst!
  12. That's a very strange condition of blindness SLRBoy... you know, the one that prevents you answering Praetorian after he's oh so politely asked you some simple questions elsewhere.

I'm surprised you'd not noticed :)
  13. And yet again the silence from the boy of a famed weapon was deafening..
  14. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

No - he needs to put on high on a pedestal to be remembered with the disdain he deserves and as a lasting lesson for all yanks not to vote for a moron again.