Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Some Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, i have a few questions, regarding joining up.

1 - Can i put in my application before i sit all my exams?

2 - How long does it normally take for the application process?

3 - I am hoping to go to Harrogate in September 2012. I will be going to the AFCO for the first time on February 13th (The day i turn 15 and 7 months). Will there be a chance of me getting into Harrogate with 7 months to do the application process?

4 - Can i go to the AFCO on my own at the age of 15 years and 7 months, to see about joining?

5 - What's everything that would happen on my first AFCO visit?

6 - Would i be expected to wear a shirt and tie to the first visit of the AFCO at 15?

I know this is alot of questions, but any help would be appreciated. :)

No idea about the others, but number 6, if you do, I would. First impressions and all that.

I went the ACIO/ICV over a week ago and wore shirt and tie - was alluded to be some on here as your first visit you are actually being assessed as such.

My experience - 8 of us there - I was only one in shirt and tie - some looked like they just fell out of bed, a couple straight from building sites hi-viz and hard hats - couple just casual jeans and shirt.

Oh and two lads sauntered in wearing tracksuits and hoodies but they were following up on an application or whatever.

I kinda felt like a numpty but was told first impressions and all that so I suppose it was worth it.

4 - yea you will be able to go to the AFCO by your self, when you recieve forms to fill in you will be asked to get your parents signature as you are under 18

Yeah. I mean, I've spoke to my parents about joining numerous times, and the answer changes from yes to no every so often, so I'm planning on going into Glasgow city centre to get it myself, and just give it to my parents.

yea just get the application form from the AFCO and show your parents your serious about it and they might come around and sign them for you

I went the ACIO/ICV over a week ago and wore shirt and tie - was alluded to be some on here as your first visit you are actually being assessed as such.

My experience - 8 of us there - I was only one in shirt and tie - some looked like they just fell out of bed, a couple straight from building sites hi-viz and hard hats - couple just casual jeans and shirt.

Oh and two lads sauntered in wearing tracksuits and hoodies but they were following up on an application or whatever.

I kinda felt like a numpty but was told first impressions and all that so I suppose it was worth it.

You may have felt a numpty, but you put the effort in. You should do that all the time (even when following up on applications), then you will stand out from the rest...in a good way. Would you have like to be seen as a hoodie slob?

Okay, i have a few questions, regarding joining up.

1 - Can i put in my application before i sit all my exams?
YES, Initially goes on your predicted grades till you get your Results in August.

2 - How long does it normally take for the application process?
How long is a piece of string, depends a lot on your abilities.

3 - I am hoping to go to Harrogate in September 2012. I will be going to the AFCO for the first time on February 13th (The day i turn 15 and 7 months). Will there be a chance of me getting into Harrogate with 7 months to do the application process?
Yes plenty of time but take in account of exams and things that may slow you down through the process.

4 - Can i go to the AFCO on my own at the age of 15 years and 7 months, to see about joining?
Yes but if I was you take your parents along as could eleviate their fears and answer any questions.

5 - What's everything that would happen on my first AFCO visit?
Read through the Recruiters Stickies, its all in there.

6 - Would i be expected to wear a shirt and tie to the first visit of the AFCO at 15?
First impressions last but not required....the further you go through the process and at interview stages Shirt tie or suit.

I know this is alot of questions, but any help would be appreciated. :)

Ive answered a few things but most have been answered countless times so do some research.

Status
Not open for further replies.