Some Pictures To Stir the Memory Banks

Tankies were RTR.
Cavalry were cavalry.

That last photo was quite clever, it had an 'apt poignancy'.
They are loading up the last British tanks to leave Der Vaterland - and doing so at a railhead that witnessed many 100,000s of Nazi victims going the other way.
Which played a big part in the reason these vehicles had come here in the first place.
As an added dimension there is a REME mech loitering, ready for something armoured to breakdown - and it is a female soldier.
The world moves on.

They are loading up the last British tanks to leave Der Vaterland - and doing so at a railhead that witnessed many 100,000s of Nazi victims going the other way.
Which played a big part in the reason these vehicles had come here in the first place.
As an added dimension there is a REME mech loitering, ready for something armoured to breakdown - and it is a female soldier.
The world moves on.

The world has moved further on, so it may not be female in the traditional sense.

The world moves on.
I thought that was a REME cap badge.Typical beret too. ;-)

I thought that was a REME cap badge.Typical beret too. ;-)
No doubt the Recy Mech* is patiently waiting for the usual excuses to come out.

It was like that when I found it.
Of course I did all the A jobs.
I've just took this kit on.
I haven't had time to first parade it.
I turned it on and nothing happened. Fix it.

Etc etc etc.

*other REME CEG's are available, as are other excuses. It's always the same.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Good memories of Bergen/Hohne sidings driving the first Chieftains off, all the way to the tank park, don't recall any breaking down! But then...
Bad memories of the sidings, handballing Cent tracks, off the flats, onto 3 tonners, off the three tonners, on to the tank park.. Cripes, I shudder to think about it.