some people should think first!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by billyx, Sep 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. uk hacker is pi**ing his pants because he pushed his luck...

msn news

with eyebrows like that!he needs locking up!

and he thought they would be COOL about being hacked and messed about!!

i say make an example of him!

next those spammer scumbags!

2. Can't do the time... :roll:

Apparently the Septics have said they will send him to a Max Security prison if/when convicted - they'll fcuking love him in there!

"You my little puppy now..." :twisted:

3. he will learn all about which buttons to press there!

hehe

4. Its a DAYWALKER!!!!!!!! 8O

5. Why is he an unemployed systems analyst? Surely unemployed is unemployed, or can I describe myself as a unemployed systems analyst, after all I know feck all about it, that's why I'm unemployed.

6. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

I have always wondered that as well. Maybe I should start calling myself an unemployed (and unemployable!) neurosurgeon.

7. Honestly, what did the prick think, he'd get a letter of thanks? You hacked into a protected government system, dickhead, and that's a C-R-I-M-E, regardless whether you're just living out your sad little X-Files fantasies. My heart bleeds, really it does... but not half as much as this gimp's arrse will be in the not too distant future.

8. The stupid tw@t should be executed. Imagine if he had got into live UAV software, imagaine if he had compromised movements and given data to AQ or the Taliban. A big sentance gives a big warning to other hackers who get into Government Military IT. I hope he likes been a wife for big Bubba for the next 25yrs and his white biatch. What a pity he is scared, if he had hacked mission critical data and I was on the ground in the 'Stan and suffering because he had got into a server and interfered with live combat int or imagery & I was injured I would be uber grumpy. Why can't he be hung in the grounds of the US Embassy in London ? Technically it's US soil. Or put him in a Guantanamo Bay Orange Bolier suit in a sealed perspex box with airholes till he is Taty Bread ?

9. Hope he gets vigorously (?) punked out in the nick

10. Hang on guys....

In War Games (80's (ahem) cult computer hacking film) it was just this sort of act that saved the world from total global nuclear warfare.

However, it was also the film that made tic tac toe look good.

fecking idiot.

11. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Yes, he is a criminal....but he successfully hacked in to one of the best protected government systems in the world. Not bad.

He is obviously way more talented than most of his kind and the US is obviously scared of his talent enough to lock him away forever.

I say - employ him. Tell the yanks ( just for once rather than caving in) they can't have him and use his talent! Best use of a national asset, I say :D

12. Blokes a traitor-spied on an ally in wartime-should hang!

13. Actually he broke into a low assurance, not very secure system using passwords, default and guessed passwords at that.

14. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Some computer nerd hacks into a US military computer system?!?! Phew, lucky he wasn't Chinese, Russian, Iranian intelligence then eh!

What the yanks SHOULD be saying is "Yup, we are a bunch of cnuts because our high-felutin' yeehaw military computer defense system can't even stop a bloke who skids past looking for UFOs, so a: We are very sorry to the citizens of the U.S of A for being so inept, b: All you foreign intelligence guys out there; thanks to the limey pointing out our deficiencies and failings, we have now rectified the problem, so don't even bother trying and c: yep, after a slap of the wrist, we are now employing the guy on a good salary to see if he can spot and stop more BIG holes in our security, oh, and yes, we've sacked the twerps who were using dumb passwords."

But no, they aren't doing that, they are going to throw the book at this guy and jail him in a maximum security prison for 5 million years - after all, he's a hardened criminal who's going to try and make a break for it by whatever means he can, and of course, even though he's not Chinese intelligence, or Russian for that matter, and has no links with hostile countries, he's still a very naughty boy!

15. I wonder how long it will be before they offer him a job?? I'm not sure which system he breached, if it's supposed to be secure (eg. TS) then fair play to him!

If it's a simple hack typical of the script kiddies nowadays then the US should be embarrased!