Some people really do need some f*cking help....

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by SamS, Jul 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How wrong is this sh*t????

Be warned!

Just wrong
  2. uni student on my summer holidays who doesnt work or do anything! yet i cant find time to exercise - Shocking, get a job!
  3. FFS - i feel hungry just reading it, ok and a little bit scared that these people discuss their lives 'normally'

im unusually lost for words
  4. is this a RLC chick forum :?: :?: :?: :?:

5. I beat anorexia!!!!!!
  6. That's appalling.
  7. i see what you did there.......................................genius :D :D :D :D
  8. I've read about these proanorexia sites before in a magazine. These individuals 'support' one another starving themselves. They count every calorie, mostly living off black coffee, diet coke, pills and cigarettes. Some of them are clearly suffering from mental health issues. Especially the one who wrote:

"I just want to waste away".

Sites like this only add to their starvation thoughts, with them logging everything they do bring themselves to eat and, therefore, tends to 'normalise' this kind of behaviour.

*Ice steps off soapbox* =(
  9. Not fcuking half.
  10. Anorexia IS a mental health issue!! there are an awful lot of these sites and there have been attempts in the past to close some of them down. I oversee placements for Eating Disorders for a Primary Care Trust. The work required to solve them is very long term and costs an absolute fortune. To grossly simplify it, when we think they're getting better (ie putting on weight) they think they are getting worse!
  11. Makes my old narcotics addiction look positively healthy by comparison.