Some people can see through camouflage, and it's not as hard as you think

Mrs Slocombe

Old-Salt
Camouflage techniques can usually be relied upon to conceal humans and animals alike, but expertly trained individuals can see through these visual tricks – and scientists have now learned more about how this works.

Not only are trained camouflage breakers able to detect that something is hidden in a scene, they're able to correctly assess what that something is, even if they haven't been told what they're looking for. ...

"Here, we show that when subjects break camouflage, they can also localize the camouflaged target accurately, even though they had received no specific training in localizing the target," researchers explain in a new study.

The study explores a training method developed in 2012 that uses deep learning techniques to train people with normal sight to see through camouflage. Individuals can be trained in this way in as little as two weeks, the researchers report, with just an hour a day spent analyzing scenes. ...

Some People Can See Through Camouflage, And It's Not as Hard as You Think

Expert camouflage-breakers can accurately localize search targets

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
I see what you’re getting at.

Chef

LE
You could see our wagons through the holes in the cam nets.

I wonder what she's trying to hide?
images.jpeg

Slime

LE
I’ve taken the course mentioned in the first post, it works.

She looks lovelier once that cammo bikini goes see through ;)
I have prescribed tinted lenses that make a lot of women's outer layers transparent. I think it only works on certain tint colours

Nope, I just don’t see it.

From the article:

Take a situation with a sniper, for example – shooting at a target immediately reveals a sniper's location, so it's vital that the target can be seen and located beforehand.

a. Firing may reveal a sniper's presence somewhere in the vicinity but, if he has done his job properly does, not immediately reveal his location.

b . Well duh! It's a bit difficult to hit a target if you haven't seen and located it before you shoot. :roll:

Camouflage techniques can usually be relied upon to conceal humans and animals alike, but expertly trained individuals can see through these visual tricks – and scientists have now learned more about how this works.

Not only are trained camouflage breakers able to detect that something is hidden in a scene, they're able to correctly assess what that something is, even if they haven't been told what they're looking for. ...

"Here, we show that when subjects break camouflage, they can also localize the camouflaged target accurately, even though they had received no specific training in localizing the target," researchers explain in a new study.

The study explores a training method developed in 2012 that uses deep learning techniques to train people with normal sight to see through camouflage. Individuals can be trained in this way in as little as two weeks, the researchers report, with just an hour a day spent analyzing scenes. ...

Some People Can See Through Camouflage, And It's Not as Hard as You Think

Those links use a million words to describe 'expertly trained individuals can see through these visual tricks' aka 'some people can and some people cannot'

From the links. Experiment 1.

This one is a toughy. Is there or is there not an odd shape?
1623751577379.png

As I recall, the chances of remaining undetected while falling asleep during the screening of the AKS cam and concealment training film were quite slim. Similarly during the practical phase conducted out in the ulu... unless you were one of the stooges.

Latest Threads