Some oiko rummaging through my bins

About 15 minutes ago I heard some rustling outside and I opened the door to find some foreign chap rummaging through my bins. I was taken aback as I've never had this happen before so I asked him what he was doing and he said he was 'looking for some plastic bags'. I gave him some and asked him to leave, but on closer inspection he's gone off with my recycling rubbish bag. I suspect he might be after ID theft and paperwork but I always shred my letters and chuck a lot of bank stuff in the black bins.

What are my rights if I find someone going through my stuff? I suppose it's still my property so I can tell him to fk off? I've tried reporting the incident on 101 but by the time I get through he'll be halfway to Romania.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Tunnels

War Hero
Make sure you put their corpse in the composting bin, normally the brown one, and make sure the lid shuts, else the bin operatives may refuse the refuse.

On holiday in my in-laws place in Florida on numerous occasions, I was disturbed just after going to bed by the sound of bottles and cans being disturbed in our recycling bins which were due to be collected early the following morning.
Went outside to see what was occurring only, to find all my aluminium bottles of Budweiser were AWOL from said bin.
Turns out some 'asian' chap goes around the neighbourhood after 10pm collecting all the alu cans.

Is he,
1/ collecting alu for scrap for his local scout troop?
2/ topping up his pension by selling alu for scrap?
3/ collecting all the alu cans/bottles to take out of state for refund?

My thoughts are number 2.
The cheapskate southern Asian gypo Walt.

Last edited:
My missus reckons it's a bit OTT but I burn anything with our names and addresses on, receipts, bills and correspondence. If some ******** from Romania wants my old Weetabix boxes he's welcome to them. I'm more worried by his cleverer colleagues who are trying to hack PayPal, Amazon etc.

My Doris always tears off the address panels of our correspondence and shreds them.

Living in Italy , there are different laws here.

One is owning a gun. I don' t but a few Italians at work do.

One is a registered collector so has 40 or 50 handguns and rifles,shotguns.

You can also carry a weapon and use proportional force on a scrote/burglar etc.

He heared some noise out the back of his house, he lives in the country ish.

Walked out with a pistol in his pocket to find a Romanian rummaging in his bins. Romanian pulls out a huge spanner in a threat. Mate pulls out his Baretta and Mr Roma shits himself and starts begging for mercy.

Move to Italy and get a gun or two.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
He was probably MI5 - be ready for an early morning 'knock'.

Antonio Martino walt...

Not sure about other countries, but here in Canada once the trash cans, recycling,etc are put out, they are no longer private property and anyone can dig through them at will. No Roma so far, but the pesky French are always lurking about....

My missus reckons it's a bit OTT but I burn anything with our names and addresses on, receipts, bills and correspondence. If some ******** from Romania wants my old Weetabix boxes he's welcome to them. I'm more worried by his cleverer colleagues who are trying to hack PayPal, Amazon etc.

Nope, mine all goes up in smoke too.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
I think the best person for advice about this is @Trans-sane .

It's good to see "Operation Yewtree" is still active.

I was peeking out my curtains when I saw him, I think he may have got a pic.

upload_2017-8-15_22-30-50.jpeg

arfah

LE
If any rubbish / I.D. thieves are viewing this thread then may I point out that your equivalent of a Klondike "gold rush" is in Birmingham.

Latest Threads