Figures Some of the most ridiculous poses for model figures

agreed, whereas the 1/32 Commandos have underscale Tommy Guns.

I always though the British Paratroops were the best sculpted figures in the range, The epitome of the men in Arnhem.
As a child I had that Airfix set of British paras.
I also later bought a cheap copy set of the Airfix set. The best part was that the officer in the centre on that Airfix box had been badly moulded in the cheap copy set, so had shrunk and was a good 6-7mm shorter.
Having the badly moulded ‘short and fat’ officer in charge of the ‘baddies’ made perfect sense for playing soldiers :)

Yet the 1/72 scale Esci figures are very detailed.

He doesn’t want his No.2 getting a reach around...
I remember when my dad bought me a packet of soldiers when I was a kid. He enjoyed using them more than me to try and to teach me infantry section attack tactics.
"Gun group give covering fire!". It used to bore me to tears.

The 1/32 scale Airfix Greaser armed GI, nicely sculpted, but where is all his kit? They had history for equipping them for skill at arms training, rather than Combat.

at least the M3 was reasonably in proportion to the figure.

4 Star - is the pilot slumming? Does he get Hard-Lying money for having to rough it in a 4*
We know. We know. Things were so much more harder back in the day when you were a young Centurion in your first legion. :)

The 1/32 scale Airfix Greaser armed GI, nicely sculpted, but where is all his kit? They had history for equipping them for skill at arms training, rather than Combat.

at least the M3 was reasonably in proportion to the figure.
Indeed, also they never really got the more complex ammo pouches right for the German figures. I suspect it was to simplify sculpting time. It was only when other firms (starting with Matchbox) put their hat in the ring that things got any better.

I think the first decent set that Airfix produced was the 1/32 Afrika Korps in the mid 70's

1554759875220.png

A few niggling anomalies, but still quite acceptable today, although these examples are painted as mid-war temperate uniforms....

Indeed, also they never really got the more complex ammo pouches right for the German figures. I suspect it was to simplify sculpting time. It was only when other firms (starting with Matchbox) put their hat in the ring that things got any better.

I think the first decent set that Airfix produced was the 1/32 Afrika Korps in the mid 70's

View attachment 386969

A few niggling anomalies, but still quite acceptable today, although these examples are painted as mid-war temperate uniforms....
And armed with MP 41's,unusually.

I remember when my dad bought me a packet of soldiers when I was a kid. He enjoyed using them more than me to try and to teach me infantry section attack tactics.
"Gun group give covering fire!". It used to bore me to tears.
Same here fer christ sake. If i brought a few boxes of wee blokes with me when we'd drive down to my grandparents for a visit i'd get them out in their massive back garden. Excellent terrain for a 1/72nd battle to the death.

Dad. 'Right whats going on here? You can't have them there, they'd get flayed alive from the left flank'
Me. 'Oh sorry Dad'
Dad, 'Wheres the fcuking gun team? What have you done with them, i keep telling you to position them with good arcs. Have you learned nothing from me in the 4 years you've been alive you snotty faced little crow? Why is that anti tank gun so far forward?'
Me, ' Because its a 6bl'er cannon Dad & this is the battle of waterloo not the fcuking Radfan*!'

* I may not have said the last bit out loud.