Figures Some of the most ridiculous poses for model figures

Some of the most unrealistic positions of model figures I've seen over the years, here are some of my top twits.
what is he supposed to be doing? Calisthenics in combat, what were they thinking when they moulded this Airfix Paratrooper.

answers please, I know this was Napoleonic times, but he's just got to see the MO.

the USMC were not above Airfix totally misunderstanding what combat troops were up to on Tarawa, Ice skating in those conditions?

and I'm not sure if this guy knows how to use that..

help me up would ya?

just no idea

wrong end, the bayonets on the other end!
Look at all the flash on them. No wonder Airfix
help me up would ya?

just no idea

wrong end, the bayonets on the other end!
Breaks me heart just to look at all that flash on them.

I used to paint them, tho life was too short to wash them in detergent first. Must be why the paint would fall off if a limb flexed!

I realise that Brasso and booze has played havoc with my memory, but regarding that Napoleonic geezer in the OP, I'm sure I remember one bloke standing there having a slash. It was obviously a very cold day, but he was stood there, musket balls flying around his ears, with his weapon half cocked.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I realise that Brasso and booze has played havoc with my memory, but regarding that Napoleonic geezer in the OP, I'm sure I remember one bloke standing there having a slash. It was obviously a very cold day, but he was stood there, musket balls flying around his ears, with his weapon half cocked.
I think you'll find he was carrying a cannonball, but because the base plastic colour was flesh, it was easy to jump to a conclusion.

Number 6 in the sequence is a Russian shouting "oorai!" to encourage his fellow forward against the Mg 42s, or to avoid being cut down by the NKVD Maxims waiting behind......I saw enemy at the gates so it must be true ;-)

not Airfix this time, a Tommy firing a Lewis gun, quite good sculpting except his feet are crossed !?

and the Germans have feet crossed too

_Chimurenga_

LE
Gallery Guru
Airfix 1/72 WW1 American Infantry

1554660771155.png

I never understood why it takes two guys to carry one ammo can.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
at the other end of the Airfix figure spectrum are some masterpieces, like this GI Firing the M1 Carbine, I always liked the way he is hunched over the rifle, leaning forward slightly, legs spaced apart for a good steady position, compared to the Gerry, Airfix too, but his firing position isn't as convincing,

one of the best and most characterful figure Airfix made in 1/32 was the Wehrmacht Officer, there's a suggestion of fluidity of movement, just a hint of James Mason about him. Campared again to his opposite number in the German Paratroop box, stumpy and no real character to it.

at the other end of the spectrum, is this tragedy, again Airfix, this figure was supplied in the Greif Halftrack kit, originally advertised as 1/32, they then got real and put 1/35th scale on the box, but oh dear, more Delboy from only fools and horses than Rommel.

Airfix Confederate Infantry ...... Hello Ducky

ducky.jpg