Some of our plastic explosive is missing...

Our web-footed chums seem to have lost some Plastique

CLICKY
and
LINKY

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
Grey24-7 said:
60lbs of the stuff is a bit much for cooking a few burgers.

I just hope it doesn't wind up getting used on us
Reminds me of the time when they Frogs sent us a load of fire down the Chunnel, when they f***ed up Concorde by incinerating those old peeps, or when they helpfully wasted our 'Lovely' Princess Di?

Somehow, I suspect it will be in some very gleeful jihadi's hands sooner rather than later...

After all, its easy to miss 26 KG's of PE right?

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I note that the report says 'The police are taking the theft seriously'. Well, that is refreshing, and surprising. I expected them to treat it like a carnival, maybe be wearing red noses and wigs, whilst blowing those blurty streamer things.

old_fat_and_hairy said:
I note that the report says 'The police are taking the theft seriously'. Well, that is refreshing, and surprising. I expected them to treat it like a carnival, maybe be wearing red noses and wigs, whilst blowing those blurty streamer things.
You mean some kind of jovial crime squad? well if we have the 'serious crime squad', who investigates clowning incidents and deaths of comedians? I for one welcome OFaH's comedy crime squad, it'll make being a victim of crime a happier affair.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Since we now have the'Serious and Organized Crime' squads, perhaps we should then also have a 'Light-Hearted and totally Chaotic' squad as well.
They could investigate such matters as fraud in 'The Monster Raving looney'party, or any crime with a comedic element. Perhaps Ken Dodd could be persuaded to head up the unit?

Nightrained said:
That's why you don't store PE and dets in the same room/area.
NO, you don't say, perhaps someone tell the terrorists that, OR, perhaps NOT.

For a solid fuel fire they make great Fire Lighters, burn as hot as hell!!

Is this another Claymore Story?

Expleausive.

Nightrained said:
That's why you don't store PE and dets in the same room/area.
And there was me thinking that the reason you didn't store them together was purely a safety precaution rather than an anti-theft measure ... N_T you got us again! :roll:

60lbs of PE and a few dets are but a drop in the ocean compared to the tonnage that is regularly "misplaced" in Eastern European and Third World countries although it is somewhat worrying when it's loss is through negligence in a so called 1st World country!

Werewolf said:
Anyone know what the French is for "DOH!"? :lol:
After a poll among my Froggy friends, it appears that while there isn't a direct translation "QUEL CON!" just about does the job :)
The pompiers found 6 dets & 2 grenades while putting out a bush fire just after the theft & there are suspicions that the recent explosions in the Basque country contained French Semtex... how happy will the Spanish be if that's confirmed...?! 8O
Apparantly it was stocked there because the fort had good facilities for storing explosives... unfortunately it didn't have CCTV cameras or decent perimeter security :roll:
"Failures in site security have been found" quote from French Minister of the Interior - you see their pollies can be as sh*t as our lot!

I heard they were giving it out free to the kids at an Army show somewhere....

Some real nastiness can be accomplished with what was pilfered... hopefully it is recovered quickly. Will the company who it belonged to now lose it's license to conduct blasting?

Khyros said:
Some real nastiness can be accomplished with what was pilfered... hopefully it is recovered quickly. Will the company who it belonged to now lose it's license to conduct blasting?
No, It's not a private company, it's the "Sécurité Civile", run by the Ministry of the Interior so the worst that'll happen is somebody will get transferred to a really lousy posting or just won't get promoted.
Naturally anybody connected with the political side (Préfets etc.) will almost certainly come out squeaky clean... :x
Hmm now what country does that remind me of?! :?
Ref: Sécurité Civile, their Website blurb says (quick translation):
"The Sécurité Civile includes Firemen, Armed Forces Personnel from units involved in Instruction & intervention, plane & heli pilots as well as EOD personnel. Together they fight daily to bring help & assistance, in France & well as abroad. For them, one sole vocation: saving people & property"
Geez, who writes this sh*t?
my bold - bit ironic considering the circumstances, n'est-ce pas!