Some of our plastic explosive is missing...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by happybonzo, Jul 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Our web-footed chums seem to have lost some Plastique

CLICKY
    and
    LINKY

2. It's easy enough to miss !

Have the bods been having camp fires or BBQ's ?

PE 4 is good for lighting fires.

3. 60lbs of the stuff is a bit much for cooking a few burgers.

I just hope it doesn't wind up getting used on us

4. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Reminds me of the time when they Frogs sent us a load of fire down the Chunnel, when they f***ed up Concorde by incinerating those old peeps, or when they helpfully wasted our 'Lovely' Princess Di?

Somehow, I suspect it will be in some very gleeful jihadi's hands sooner rather than later...

After all, its easy to miss 26 KG's of PE right?

5. Anyone know what the French is for "DOH!"? :lol:

6. DO NOT stamp on the fceking stuff if being used in a fire. Heat + pressure = limp

7. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I note that the report says 'The police are taking the theft seriously'. Well, that is refreshing, and surprising. I expected them to treat it like a carnival, maybe be wearing red noses and wigs, whilst blowing those blurty streamer things.

8. You mean some kind of jovial crime squad? well if we have the 'serious crime squad', who investigates clowning incidents and deaths of comedians? I for one welcome OFaH's comedy crime squad, it'll make being a victim of crime a happier affair.

9. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Since we now have the'Serious and Organized Crime' squads, perhaps we should then also have a 'Light-Hearted and totally Chaotic' squad as well.
    They could investigate such matters as fraud in 'The Monster Raving looney'party, or any crime with a comedic element. Perhaps Ken Dodd could be persuaded to head up the unit?

10. That's why you don't store PE and dets in the same room/area.

11. NO, you don't say, perhaps someone tell the terrorists that, OR, perhaps NOT.

For a solid fuel fire they make great Fire Lighters, burn as hot as hell!!

Is this another Claymore Story?

12. msr

msr LE

Expleausive.

13. Le Doh?

14. And there was me thinking that the reason you didn't store them together was purely a safety precaution rather than an anti-theft measure ... N_T you got us again! :roll:

60lbs of PE and a few dets are but a drop in the ocean compared to the tonnage that is regularly "misplaced" in Eastern European and Third World countries although it is somewhat worrying when it's loss is through negligence in a so called 1st World country!

15. Sometimes your lot do :twisted: