Some new walting regaliea for the Para walts...

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by spike7451, Dec 31, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Attached Files:

2. Two pound coin Walt!

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

3. Queen and country...FECKING QUEEN AND COUNTRY! Do they really think a real PARA would buy this? Can't wait to see my first Remembrance Sun Reg Walt!

4. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Interesting choice of colour for the ribbon. It could very easily be mistaken for a very real and somewhat prestigeous award.

5. Thought it was illegal (UK law) to put current regimental insignia on anything unapproved and commercial?

6. Very strange concept.

Why on earth would anyone want one of these ridiculous things? What's wrong with a regi' tie? Even regi blazers look a bit wanky, in my opinion, but anybody who buys this shite must be esn.

7. Is your mate Dave Reeve?!

8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Now that I am a fully fledged (and Certified) member of 49 Para, where do I buy my bling from?

9. What like the one that's a BFO Cross and a dull bronze colour?........how anyone could confuse the two is beyond me?

No, the one that's b*ll*ks is the bling RGJ one with the same colour ribbon...RED, RED WTF! Rifle green ribbon at least.

There is an RGJ One (with the ribbon in RGJ Colours) sold to raise dosh for the Regt Funds/Riflemans Aid Society but i've yet to see anyone wear it.

The Royal Green Jackets Commemorative Medal

Feckin outrage walt.

10. My respect for the Rifles has just declined slightly.

I have difficulty comprehending why a good regiment like this would wish to associate themselves with the kind of loons who have such low levels of self respect that they have to buy "medals".

I appreciate that it puts a few quid in the pocket of the widows and orphans' fund but what price is the integrity of the Regiment's rep?

11. Or perhaps, those that served in a regiment that doesn't exist anymore like memento's. They don't have to be worn.

12. Plenty of momentos here, I would have thought.................................................
    about The Green Jackets Museum

• Like Like x 1