Some information regarding my RM application

Hey all,

So I got a call from the careers adviser this morning in order to create a date to take the pre-joining tests (numeracy, problem solving etc.) and he mentioned me being declined from the army on medical grounds, this being for depression, but told me to not tell him the details and just asked if i was over it.

I'm not sure if he knew I was denied based on depression or anything but it's confused me as I know for the medical standards you must have a clean slate of no depression, anxiety etc. for atleast 2 years, so all I'm wondering is will I be screwed at the medical or is there something I can do about this?

Thanks.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Hey all,

So I got a call from the careers adviser this morning in order to create a date to take the pre-joining tests (numeracy, problem solving etc.) and he mentioned me being declined from the army on medical grounds, this being for depression, but told me to not tell him the details and just asked if i was over it.

I'm not sure if he knew I was denied based on depression or anything but it's confused me as I know for the medical standards you must have a clean slate of no depression, anxiety etc. for atleast 2 years, so all I'm wondering is will I be screwed at the medical or is there something I can do about this?

Thanks.
Depression | Page 3 | RoyalMarines.uk

Hey all,

Thanks.
Just to add, the medical standards for entry with regard mental health issues are tri-service. That is to say a knock back for one arm will be the same elsewhere.

More background stuff of this issue: Mental Health | RoyalMarines.uk

Latest Threads