• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

some info on trade training needed,

i need to know how long trade training will be at the royal school of survey, for a terrain analyst,

i think it's around 6 months, but if anyone could be a little more specific i'd be more than gratefull.

i've looked on all the army sites, and it doesn't seem to mention lentgh of training.

any help ????

Royal School of Military Survey – Hermitage, Berkshire
The following trade training is carried out at the School of Military Survey:
Geographic Terrain Analyst 49 week course + 12 weeks driver training (C+E)
Geographic Data Technician 49 week course + 12 weeks driver training (C+E)
Geographic Production Technician 49 week course + 12 weeks driver training (C+E)

http://shared.armyjobs.mod.uk/JobDe...RoyalEngineers/GeographicalTerrainAnalyst.htm

knocker your a star mate...

thanks alot!

would have looked a right sucker tommorow, when i didn't know how long my trade training was for my first choice trade!

(first interveiw at 12 tommorow)

cheers again mate.

Jake

JstJake said:

thanks alot!

would have looked a right sucker tommorow, when i didn't know how long my trade training was for my first choice trade!

cheers again mate.

Jake

:? :p :? :p :? :p :? :p

JstJake said:

thanks alot!

cheers again mate.

Jake
no problem fella, good luck :D :D :D :D

A_Knocker_Till_The_End said:
any help ????

Geographic Production Technician 49 week course + 12 weeks driver training (C+E)

http://shared.armyjobs.mod.uk/JobDe...RoyalEngineers/GeographicalTerrainAnalyst.htm

Jeez what do they need C+E for?

geo7863 said:
any help ????

so you can drive an articulated wagon, duh :D :D :D :D

geo7863 said:
any help ????

mmm fair point knocker :-D although be fair to my iignorance, I didn't realise that such big bendy wagon driving skills were a pre-requisite for folding maps!!

geo7863 said:
geo7863 said:
any help ????

mmm fair point knocker :-D although be fair to my iignorance, I didn't realise that such big bendy wagon driving skills were a pre-requisite for folding maps!!
they be REALLY BIG maps :D :D :D :D

geo7863 said:
any help ????

So they can carry their inflated ego on a trailer :twisted:

geo7863 said:
geo7863 said:
any help ????

they be REALLY BIG maps :D :D :D :D
aha 1:1 scale :-D :-D

cdn_spr said:
geo7863 said:
feck me I just noticed 12 weeks for C+E training, do they only do 2 miles a day or something!!
fair one. I did mine in 8 days, 4 days C, 4 days C+E
whoa what was the rush matey? I did mine in three weeks no point in rushing got to see the country side of lovely lovely Kent !!!!!!!!

did my "C" in two days BUT never managed to blag my "C+E"

The 12 weeks driver training is the one they carry out up in Beverly near Hull. It's not only to get your C + E there is a lot of other things that they do to.

From what I can remember the course involves driving around in cars for a few weeks, route reccies etc. If you haven't got your car license you'll have to do that test first, before you can move onto your C then your C+E.
Course aslo involves, class work, off-road driving course in Land Rovers and HGV, including taking both onto the skidpan, camo and concealment of vehicles, general maintenance of vehicles and a few things I can remember as it was quite a few years ago.

The course may last 6 weeks or 6 months, all depends when instructors/examiners become available and the standard of your driving.

Worth doing the course up there if you can as they apparantly give you your HAZMAT once you pass your C+E.

2bish said:
The 12 weeks driver training is the one they carry out up in Beverly near Hull. It's not only to get your C + E there is a lot of other things that they do to.

From what I can remember the course involves driving around in cars for a few weeks, route reccies etc. If you haven't got your car license you'll have to do that test first, before you can move onto your C then your C+E.
Course aslo involves, class work, off-road driving course in Land Rovers and HGV, including taking both onto the skidpan, camo and concealment of vehicles, general maintenance of vehicles and a few things I can remember as it was quite a few years ago.

The course may last 6 weeks or 6 months, all depends when instructors/examiners become available and the standard of your driving.

Worth doing the course up there if you can as they apparantly give you your HAZMAT once you pass your C+E.
i think you will find that army courses have a cutoff time, if a course is designed for six weeks they wont give you six months in which to pass it..the only time i have heard 'in your own time carry on' was on the ranges

and as for HAZMAT, thats a 'hazardous materials carriage' course for driving vehicles carrying hazardous materials, and all the rules regs and legislation that goes behind it, i think you will find that they dont just hand a HAZMAT qualification to every muppet who can double-de-clutch in a bendy bedford

of course now that bedblocks have been replaced by snuggly wuggly duvets and fudge packers are openly encouraged by the PC brigade then perhaps you may be right

geo7863 said:
2bish said:

i think you will find that army courses have a cutoff time, if a course is designed for six weeks they wont give you six months in which to pass it..the only time i have heard 'in your own time carry on' was on the ranges

and as for HAZMAT, thats a 'hazardous materials carriage' course for driving vehicles carrying hazardous materials, and all the rules regs and legislation that goes behind it, i think you will find that they dont just hand a HAZMAT qualification to every muppet who can double-de-clutch in a bendy bedford

of course now that bedblocks have been replaced by snuggly wuggly duvets and fudge packers are openly encouraged by the PC brigade then perhaps you may be right
no hazmat is still a course in itself, which reminds me i think mine is running out time for another course application :D :D :D :D

it looks like i got the wrong end of the stick! i went there, and they didn't even ask me about the training or anything, that's all part of the confirmitory interview, i just had to talk about myself, so he could write a report on it.

lol i've now got all the info i could ever want about the training and everything, so it's all good, got my main interveiw in two weeks from now.

i was surprised about the driving lisence stuff as well, when i asked he said, "it was because we(geo techs) could be working from a truck full of everything we need, and one of the three geo techs might be needed to drive it, it will cost us maybe 10 thousand max to lern to drive it, and almost 1 million if we lose it, so it's a fair security thing for us, and you get to drive a lorry-so you know, win-win situation."

bear in mind that was probabally the most inacurate quote you'll ever read. :D