Some info on service length

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by humphries, May 24, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can someone please explain wat the score is with doin minimum service? is it 4 years? wat happens once u come up to ur 4 years, do u sign on again and how long for?

o yeah one more question, say u did 10 years, wen do u recieve ur pension?

2. As far as I know the minimum length of service is 4 years i.e. you do three years and give a years notice. You get resettlement after five years service and qualify for a half pension after 12 years. You would have to comfirm this as I am on the old pension and all new entries are on the new pension.
    P.S. Stop writing in text/chav speak please.
  3. but you dont get a penny untill you reach 60 even then it'll only be 12/32 of a pension. once you have done 4 years you go on open engagent or something, then you can sign off and out after a year.
  4. pretty sure that on the old system a full pension is only payable after 37 years. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
  5. 12/37 payable at 60
    22/37 after 22 years payable immediately
    37/37 after 37 years payable immediately
  6. Whoa Fella if your going to type in youngmans text speak i need time to get my 11 year old son to answer the questions.
    Now come along some people on this site are old (yes knocker im including myself) so please plain English its took three attempts to bloody read it.

And as for answering it I joined on the old system so I dont care. :twisted: :twisted:
  7. at least you can admit it now my friend :) :) :) :)
  8. if you really want info regarding "SERVICE LENGTH" I think you would be far better off asking the para's. ( if you catch my drift) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

9. My god it gets worse, please tell me you are not planning to join the Corps.

Knocker, i have decided that i am just getting old.

10. well mate we do not have to put up with it for much longer.
  11. Morning mate, just read about your posting to Chilwell.

Only 18 mths to push

12. you holding out there or going for the last 6 months option??