Some Info needed

Discussion in 'RLC' started by Chap_in_black, Jul 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey all, Hopefully re-joining again under a different trade and im looking at maybe the RLC. Can anyone suggest a decent trade within the RLC and provide a little information please. Been looking at ammo-tech or maybe tank transporter.

Cheers

2. Already seen, just looking for a bit more information really ideally from someone actually in.

3. what Regt/Trade were you before etc??

4. Was MD'd last month from 2rtr however i didnt choose an alternate trade, instead i left and im now regretting that decision! Im perfectly capable of working however i do need to stay away from heavy lifting.

5. You need to go AT then..................helmet on here we go

6. go to uni and get a new career. if you have been MD it will not set you very good for the future, new career is the way forward.

7. To be honest my heart isnt set on uni or any more further education, ive heard its very possible to re-join even after MD from quite a few people. Im going to try either way, If i cant then fair enough ive tried but in the mean time if i do get back in i'd just like to find a suitable job within the army.

8. If you need to stay away from lifting you'll probably have to look at the AGC. Our previously gentile trade of Sup Con has been amalgamated with Storeman which now involves a bit more physical work and I cannot think of any other trade in the RLC where you wouldn't have to lift.

9. I see, im more than capable of lifting unless in extreme cases! Working on afv's and heavy equipment is a pretty un-realistic choice now but i know i can work with less-heavier equipment! BPFA/CFT isnt a problem, its just proving that i can do it. Its quite hard to word but it sounds a lot worse than it is. Is AT a realistic choice?

Cheers

10. Lets be honest here.

You have been medically discharged yes?
    Although you state that you can lift, there is obviously a problem here which isnt going to get any better is it?

Your wasting your time. You will always be required to have to lift something heavy sometime especially on Ops.

Go find another job where lives wont be be potentially put at risk due to your disability.

11. Ideally i need a professional medical opinion which i'll get once applying again, So really the question is IF i got the all clear medical-wise, would ammo-tech be a good choice of trade? Or if not, what else.

Thanks for the replys guys.

12. Well if you go EOD the bomb suit wont really be your thing if you cant lift much weight, along with the equipment walking to your IED.

13. There is no trade in RLC or indeed the army where you will NOT be required to lift. Be it ammo tech and their equipment to chef and their bags of spuds...................Give it up as your the weak link before you have even started.

14. I can lift thats the thing, I injured myself working on AFV's and as a result i was MD'd, i have no problems now and i need to prove that fact to the necessary people. Either way, I will go ahead with this as im extremely confident in my ability to do to the job.
    Anyway the only way forward now is to be medically examined, so thanks again to those who have helped.
    Cheers