some info about grenadier guards, wondering few things pls

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Xander, Nov 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hey guys, im thinking about joining the grenadier guards but just wondering about a few things, could anyone be so kind and help me :p

well mainly only 2 things, i know the soldiers outside buck palace are grens and they do alot of ceramonial things, but do every grenadier have to do stuff like that? cause im not a big fan, do you get a choice? cause i wanna go mechanised and i told the grens are good for this, being part of 12 mechanised brigade. i dont mind the ocasional march and ceramonial duty, but i want to be a "combat" infantry soldier and from what i could see from the army website, taht after basic you go and do few months in london then after you get your rifle company.

and the 2nd jsut for a fun argument :p whats better, cause im stuck between the 2, paras (16 air brigade) or the grenadier guards :D

2. if you dont wanna do poncy guard sh!t go paras.. or light div.. they do loadsa "combat" stuff.. woo..?

3. All Guards Regiments take turns at public duty. At the moment they are based in Aldershot and not taking part in that many public duties, they are just about to or have just come back from Operations. You will find your career will be a bit of both ceremonial and combat. No I am not in the Grenadiers.

4. Troll alert.

5. Yeah cuz thats how it is. Paras hard, everone else poncy eh?

I think you'll find all infantry units like bit of INFANTRY soldiering.

6. If you were ment to fly , you would have been born with wings . :D

The plan is serviceable (its working) why jump out :?

So ye can fire three rounds a minute BUT can ye stand :?

7. Above is the way that post should have looked.
    Perhaps I might suggest spending your time at school, learning english. How to spell, which words go where, the use of capital letters and also that the abbreviations such as "cause" and "grens" should never be used when writing.
    Also I thought you said you wanted to go mechanised, so why are you looking at The Parachute Regiment? Is someone being a mong???

*Edited because there are so many mistakes I missed one. :twisted: *

8. I went to AFCO looking to join the Staffords, but they told me to join the Paras and put that as first choice and Grenadier Guards as second choice after I did the BARB test. I better pass my physical for the Paras then. I've got an interview on Monday (20th Nov) at AFCO, what will it be like?

9. I went to AFCO looking to join the Staffords, but they told me to join the Paras and put that as first choice and Grenadier Guards as second choice after I did the BARB test. I better pass my physical for the Paras then. I've got an interview on Monday (20th Nov) at AFCO, what will it be like?

10. Aint 16th Air Brigade the Path Finder platoon?

11. No. A brigade is slightly bigger than a Platoon last time i checked. 8O

12. FAS mate, restructuring's a bastart aint it?! :D

13. Sorry my bad, Pathfinders come under 16th AAB, its 6-8000 strong and constist's of a feck load of units.

16th AAB

I agree FD, its confusing, I cant believe the RGJ will just become lumped into a new part of the light infanrty called the 'Rifles' Nothing against other Squaddies but the RGJ were the 1st special forces of the army wernt they? Plus they have won more VC's than any one else. Maybe Im just old fashioned for my age. 8O

14. I was kidding mate!

Were the RGJ not 'Rifles' initially and the green was to represent this?

15. Yes indeedy why I said no disrespect to other Squaddies, the other parts of the rifle's is made up of light infantry units. Part of the rifles will be the Devonshire and Dorset Light Infantry. They wore red and used flint lock muskets back in the day. I feel the RGJ should be just left alone, but like I aslo said im probably just old fashioned, I used to get called Alf Garnet when I was a kid :evil: