Some folk, are not going to like this . . . "the genetics of intelligence"

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Not for years, bar Remembrance services and weddings.

I never looked at the problem from the standpoint of biblical morality because it doesn't really interest me, but I'd say that it doesn't stop at mammals. There's no reason to put us on a different plain from any other living creature (or, more cynically, any other cohesive set of subatomic particles). If the course of the universe is predetermined then there's no reason to draw a moral distinction between anything really.

That's what the Bible (or at least Augustine's interpretation) says, thought it prefers the old-fashioned spelling of plane.

I thought it was Christians who saw humans as the centre of everything
You need to pay closer attention: even I can see through that one.

Several varieties of faith, with roots in what nowadays we call the middle east, lay the claim that their adherents/descendants are the one-and-only truly chosen-by-the-sky-fairy People.

And there are sub-sets of them all: Mohammedan, Red Sea Pedestrian, Jehovah's Witlesses, and many other sects are equally self-centred.

As one who - as a child - declared himself atheist rather than be coerced into 'Confirmation', but has no deep understanding of religious thinking in India or the Far East, I'm inclined to suspect that (human nature being what it is) on balance, most societies give rise to persuasive spongers who get rich on the basis that they have control of the insider comms link to The Creator., and that you'll find such people (predators and prey) all over the world.

Last edited:

luxation

War Hero
You need to pay closer attention: even I can see through that one.

Several varieties of faith, with roots in what nowadays we call the middle east, lay the claim that their adherents/descendants are the one-and-only truly chosen-by-the-sky-fairy People.

And there are sub-sets of them all: Mohammedan, Red Sea Pedestrian, Jehovah's Witlesses, and many other sects are equally self-centred.

As one who - as a child - declared himself atheist rather than be coerced into 'Confirmation', but has no deep understanding of religious thinking in India or the Far East, I'm inclined to suspect that (human nature being what it is) on balance, most societies give rise to persuasive spongers who get rich on the basis that they have control of the insider comms link to The Creator., and that you'll find such people (predators and prey) all over the world.
I chose Christians since we were already mentioning them and I don't know enough about many other religions to know which ones are the similar. There are a few, like Wicca which see the planet and the rest of the universe as more important than the people in it. Wicca is a very peaceful and tolerant religion. It's no less ridiculous than any of the others but its followers are mostly easier to get along with.

Belief that all men/women should be afforded equal opportunity, should receive equal treatment, not be discriminated against on account of race colour or creed, is today acknowledged as a goal of civilised society.

It is also acknowledged that worldwide humanity in various areas, falls short of these aims.

It should also be recognised that the infant born with Thalidomide, Downs syndrome, or a host of other debilitating ailments/disabilities is not equal to the host of others born in a ‘normal’ condition.

We are not born with equal capabilities, genetically, physically, or socially. Recognition of this fact is Racial? Racist? Realist?

shibusa2

On ROPS
On ROPs

shibusa2

On ROPS
On ROPs

Strictly not what happened: God called and Abraham responded. Anyone else could have responded so it was Abraham who chose God and the rest is history.

Strictly not what happened: God called and Abraham responded. Anyone else could have responded so it was Abraham who chose God and the rest is history.

...and that is why you should avoid Charlie-Charlie calls.
Every loon on the Net comes back to you.
God should have just sent a DR to the callsign He wanted.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
...and that is why you should avoid Charlie-Charlie calls.
Every loon on the Net comes back to you.
God should have just sent a DR to the callsign He wanted.

Didn't he do that with Abraham, Moses, John the Baptist and that Jesus chappie?

Didn't he do that with Abraham, Moses, John the Baptist and that Jesus chappie?

I seem to recall He started with clear Voice, then sent a written set of orders on a 10 Liner, then sent a Staff Officer, but someone nailed Him up.

Some people just never get on the right frequency, whatever the CEI says.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
I seem to recall He started with clear Voice, then sent a written set of orders on a 10 Liner, then sent a Staff Officer, but someone nailed Him up.

Some people just never get on the right frequency, whatever the CEI says.

Sounds like a very familiar story.