Some Firemen, less balls than the RAF Regt....

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Airfix, Dec 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Not wanting to start a Fireman Sam bashing thread but, we all know that the Forces can do exactly the same job with half the salary and outdated kit from the 50's as demonstrated various times over the years.

There are literally thousands of applicants for the Fire Service. Everytime one of them complains about mice/goes on strike etc. they should just be sacked and a more deserving person take their place.

2. To be honest i think the mouse thing was just an excuse to an end,the bloke probably just did not want to go on standby at a retained station and was throwing the toys out the pram,however at the end of the day that's what the ratepayers pay him for, to keep the station on the run,and as said there are plenty of people who would jump for a chance of his job,all he's done is make the service look bad and cheapened the hard work and good so many others do.

3. Just up the road from here. He's an Essex boy, enough said.

4. Funnily enough, we have a mouse/mice at work, we laid a loads of traps and managed to catch one this afternoon, as soon as i picked he trap up the little fecker wriggled free and legged it. Do you think mice have "THEM" because this thing should have been broken in half. Should i forget about the whole thing and let it live or should i make a super duper mouse trap involving, claymores, Fire and a low level bombing run by the R.A.F?

5. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Spanish work practices are still rife in the Fire Brigade, and they decided that Andy 'Strike first, look like a coqk later' Gilchrist wasn't militant enough for them, so they binned him. Ended up looking like a bunch of cnuts, lost all public support, and the Forces proved they could do the job just fine - even when the 'don't cross the picket' w@nkers tried to forcibly stop them getting to the newer engines. Should have been a mass culling after that debacle, and started again from scratch. Where are their balls? This may have been an over exaggerated incident, but when you add it all together it shows just how far standards have dropped.

6. Sorry mate no can do. We won't fly that low, not when there's mice about. Ohhhh no. You'll have provide us some support for that mate. Nope, no can do. Not a snowball's mate. What's that? There's a Hilton down the road from the diversion field? Welllll, I suppose we could spare someone...

7. The Regiment don't do mice... We're not overly keen on worms and other bugs either... and spiders... Oh, yukkie-poos... 8O

8. There there AA, don't upset yourself, the Army will protect you.

9. Protect me!!!! Protect me!!! Those fcukers ran over us getting to the door... Luckily, when I was in we has WRAF's... I'd have never had a shower...

10. Dunno, but this little chap managed to do at least 48hrs of E&E, "behind the lines" in a cat-filled house before I managed to exfil him.
    http://tinyurl.com/5saqkm

11. I bet it feels better to get that off your chest, Cynthia :D

12. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Two wittle mice found in a Fire Station!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not in the kitchens, nevertheless a grown man leaves his place of work, the entire fire station is shut down for over an hour and they are having an internal investigation, lots of reports, heads on plates and a national news story.

Good thing nobody is being melodramatic about this then.

13. Internal investigation would not be about the presence on the mice but why the bellend left.

He should (and I think he will be) disaplined, final warning issued etc. Unfortunatly he cannot be sacked outright (just like other people, soldiers inc) but that doesnt mean to say he shouldnt be! Fekkin idiot!

As br9mp81 said, he was just being a 'barrack room lawer' or bolshi cnut and didnt want to do an out duty.

14. Bollocks! They are all militant striking wankers! :evil: