Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Some bloke at selection had a UVF tattoo

Kikuchiyo

Swinger
Not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this is, but here goes.

So I attended selection recently and some 18 yr old English lad had a massive UVF tattoo on his forearm. Funny part is that not only did he pass selection, but his first choice was to join the Irish Guards for the boxing.

I was honestly ******* flabbergasted this guy was accepted. I can only hope that they told him to get it removed if he wishes to start basic. Even so, getting the tat removed isn't going to change his beliefs.

English dude? Loyalist paramilitary tattoo? Irish Guards? I foresee a robust and thorough shakedown when he joins his battalion, with many interesting and pointed conversations. Probably smart to go for boxing, i expect that'll be quite a useful skill, what with one thing and another.

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this is, but here goes.

So I attended selection recently and some 18 yr old English lad had a massive UVF tattoo on his forearm. Funny part is that not only did he pass selection, but his first choice was to join the Irish Guards for the boxing.

I was honestly ******* flabbergasted this guy was accepted. I can only hope that they told him to get it removed if he wishes to start basic. Even so, getting the tat removed isn't going to change his beliefs.
Out of curiosity, why do you even care? Is his serving going to effect you in any way at all? Would it give you peace of mind if he had tattooed -I :heart: Sinn Féin - across his ärse?

Out of curiosity, why do you even care? Is his serving going to effect you in any way at all? Would it give you peace of mind if he had tattooed -I :heart: Sinn Féin - across his ärse?

Apropos of not a lot, a good Belfast friend of mine has Red/White/Blue 'FTP' tattooed on his right buttock.

He is now 25 years happily married to a Cafflick.

Some of the best soldiers I served with in the Engineers over the years were Irish lads that would hang UVF flags on their room walls. Your point is what? Don't like it? Don't look at it.

did it look like it was based on this, maybe it was his Granddad's regiment at the Somme?

1547482945896.png

I care because it's a terrorist group. I'm sure you wouldn't want to be serving along side ISIS members.

How very interesting.

Red Hand of Ulster or UVF?

Did you ask him about it? Did you query it with anyone on the day? If not, and it is a concern for you perhaps you should do something about it now. You have the date and location so it wouldn't take much for some one to do a double check.

Posting what you have done on this site just appears to be a bit of a wind up for effect.

Perhaps it would be a more positive action for you to concentrate on your future "career".

Ok, giving this a bit of thought, isn’t the op giving away a potential soldiers persec by saying exactly what tattoo he has on a certain body part, what stage his is in the process and his likely regiment he is going to? Kinda thought that’s a no no on here.....