Some advice please

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by smart2322, Jul 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I joined the ta in 2003 and lasted about a year. And left and went back a year later after I sorted my life out. but soon after i left again reasons work this year I tried to join again but was told Glasgow said no and to come back in a years time. I know I've messed them about that I regret big time but my big worry now is that I've pissed on my chips on getting back in.has anyone else had this happen to them? I am hoping that I can join back next year I've even quit the fags and joining the gym.

Sent from my Desire HD
  2. Well done quitting if i were you i would start sniffing coffee.
  3. Can you see a way back in for me.

Sent from my Desire HD
  4. Are you over 50?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. 26

Sent from my Desire HD
  6. Sent from my Desire HD
  7. Anyone

Sent from my Desire HD
  8. Glasgow have said 'no' and to go back in a year. Have you not considered that advice?
  9. Try the RAF Regiment.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Year is long time.will the same apply for regs

Sent from my Desire HD
  11. Is the raf different with recruitment

Sent from my Desire HD
  12. Yes they have much harder entry qualifications, the physical criteria is tougher (same with the recruit training) and in general they're much more ally than any army unit. Think of them as a stepping stone between the regular army and the RM/Para/SAS/SBS.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. You've messed them around for more than a year so I'd say a year isn't so long.
  14. Surely this lack of commitment should ensure promotion within the TA?
  15. Would this also affect trying to go in regs?

Sent from my Desire HD