ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

Some advice please

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by sutton, Jul 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi

Its not so much advice I am after but just some inside knowledge. I have already applied to join up (Royal Engineers, air con & refrigeration tech), I had my medical up in Glencourse on 29th january however got deffered for a heart murmur, however there was a little mis-undersatnding which lead to some weeks of my application just collecting dust (i was supposed to get my doc to send letters off etc) however when i rang up and sorted it all out i had decided to take a freind up on his offer of travelling europe for a few months, I got back on friday and am still dead set to sign up however in my rush to sort that out and the excitment of going i never got in touch with my recruiter to explain this, so all I am basically asking is would i have to start my whole application again or start from sorting my medical out (as its litterally a year since I first applied and they only have a year to get you in i was told) and also would they frown on me just leaving without explaining to them and treat me different?

Basically I realised i was a bit hasty in jus going and left alot of things behind without sorting them out, not just my application but loan and credit card payments havnt been payed so I have messed up financially aswell! I just hope this little stint hasn't affected me joining up as I am realy hoping to join.

any advice welcome thanks in advance!

2. Ring up and ask is the answer :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.