Some advice please

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by sutton, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

Its not so much advice I am after but just some inside knowledge. I have already applied to join up (Royal Engineers, air con & refrigeration tech), I had my medical up in Glencourse on 29th january however got deffered for a heart murmur, however there was a little mis-undersatnding which lead to some weeks of my application just collecting dust (i was supposed to get my doc to send letters off etc) however when i rang up and sorted it all out i had decided to take a freind up on his offer of travelling europe for a few months, I got back on friday and am still dead set to sign up however in my rush to sort that out and the excitment of going i never got in touch with my recruiter to explain this, so all I am basically asking is would i have to start my whole application again or start from sorting my medical out (as its litterally a year since I first applied and they only have a year to get you in i was told) and also would they frown on me just leaving without explaining to them and treat me different?

Basically I realised i was a bit hasty in jus going and left alot of things behind without sorting them out, not just my application but loan and credit card payments havnt been payed so I have messed up financially aswell! I just hope this little stint hasn't affected me joining up as I am realy hoping to join.

any advice welcome thanks in advance!

2. Ring up and ask is the answer :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.