Some advice for Canadian

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by uniqunik, Sep 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am aware of all requirements necessary for joining as a commonwealth individual but have a couple of things that need some clarifying. I am in my final year of college and I was wondering if it would be a good idea to fly over to the UK from Canada to submit my application, (since the overseas online cell is closed) then return to finish college before moving back to UK? Sounds kind of crazy but I'm willing to do anything to speed up the process if it is even possible to do:judge:. Also would I require a period of residency in the UK if applying for vehicle mechanic? Thanks for the help! :thumright:
  2. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

you are aware that the UK is downsizing like crazy? well downsizing and its crazy. good luck though and its all on the army website
  3. Thanks. It's always good to hear good news
  4. Could use some better news though.
  5. Because Vehicle Mech is an army trade, you should know how highly sought after training places are. I hope you also realise that depending on your selection results and funding for training spaces becoming available or being cut, will mean you could be looking at anywhere from year or two before you even start basic training? Definitely need to consider that if you are planning on moving back and forth.
  6. I'm a Brit working in Canada; why would you want to go to the UK? Cost of living sucks, houses cost the earth and roundabouts will blow your mind (for god's sake keep away from Swindon!) Not only that but you will miss the humidity, heat, extreme cold and man eating mosquitos.....

Good luck
  7. Yeah everyone from Britain says same thing "why would you want to come here". Well It's time for me to move, I don't want to spend another day in Canada and there's no way i will consider united states. Plus your mild winters are beautiful. Anything above -10C is pretty nice.
  8. Stay where you are and join the Van Dooz. They're superb. The UK is a toilet. can't wait to leave. All best, Burpa.
  9. Forget the above posts, return to the Motherland my colonial cousin.
  10. If you don't mind becoming a Scaley, I'll swap you if you like. In fact who the **** wants to be a scaley? Its alright, cancel my last