Some advice before starting basic

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Monkeyjizz, Jun 16, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm starting basic at lichfield in a few weeks, so i'm trying to get myself prepared the best i can. just got a couple of questions if anyone can spare a sec.
    I got a pair of britsh army boots that i'm breaking in and practicing bulling, will i be allowed to wear them, and just out of interest, whats lichfield like?
  2. Lichfield is a veritable Garden of Eden. Its steak and bacon three times a day with as much free beer as you can handle. As for advice here are a few tips:

1) Call your DS by there Christian names or mate this will establish a warm bond between you.
    2) Never be early that will just mark you out as a kiss arrse the Staff expect you to be a few minutes late.
    3) If you have any TA or cadet experience then bring it up at every opportunity people need to know about what a sweat you are.
    4) Break your boots in by filling them with common engine oil and leave them to soak for a few days then soak in salt water lastly coat them in brasso metal polish this will make the supple and ready to take a fine shine.
    Last of all good luck
  3. thanks for the advice, you've been most helpfull. Could you please answer a few more questions?

Will i be able to fit my current regime of beating off ten times a day (14 on sundays)
    And will i, if i ask nicely, be allowed to wear lots of those charity barcelets cos i think they look swell
    And finally, do you find that you cant find a space to stand in the pub where everyone hasn't got their backs facing you, yes? well thats cos your a gimp my friend
  4. Tell me is monkeyjizz your name or part of your staple diet ?
  5. That the attitude to have. I forgot to mention gob off when possible you could sue after the other kick 7 shades of shite out of your spotty face.
  6. Buy some 5.56 rounds off ebay. When you get your hands on a weapon you can do a 'Chilwell'!
  7. greengrass i didnt realise you were so sensitive, please accept my apologies. I was just after a bit of advice from someone with a bit of experience, theres no need to chew my nuts off.
  8. Never ever apologise it weak and un manly
  9. touche!