Solicitors letter for a STAB service complaint?

Morning all.
I'm an ex reg now a stab, and a few things have changed in the few years Ive been out and since joined the reserves.
Basically I've been done for a civi offence and this has effected my reserve "career".
It's been 5 weeks since conviction (drink Driving) and I've yet to face any discipline. The old and bold have said they have two weeks to put forward any action, is this right? Also I've been pulled off promotional courses (to be expected as I'm a driver) but I've discovered a lad in another sqn is currently on his second drink driving ban but wasn't pulled from any such courses and whilst banned has been promoted.
Last week my oc came to me with an apology from the CO saying I shouldn't have been pulled from the course, and offered me an alternative one in July. So I got it all agreed from work and sorted. Today I've been told the training major has convinced the CO to reverse his decision.
Do I have cause for a complaint?
If so how should I go about it?
Do I need any legal representation?
If so can anyone recommend a firm?

Cheers

Bris

LE
I'd look into AGAI 67 and the Manual of Service Law (JSP 830), but the AGAI first - it contains much more than just the minor admin action form.

There are time limits, but they are conditional. I left last year so can't remember them off he top of my head.

The other bloke you mention; you can't judge your circumstances by his - you don't know all the details, just the overarching headlines.

D

Deleted 15653

You're a driver and you chose to drive while over the limit. You're a Reservist yet you refer to yourself and the organisation by a derogatory term. You are moaning about being pulled off a promotion course as a result of a criminal conviction..

FFS

Getting a criminal conviction should result in Major Admin Action. One of my soldiers was handed (among other things) a three-year promotion ban for Drink Driving. I wanted harsher punishment due to aggravating circumstances but was overruled by Div Legal after much consideration.

The CO can withdraw a recommendation for promotion at any time. You are not fit to be promoted and probably are not fit to serve AR, but given the manning issues the CO might be reluctant to discharge you.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Twas the morning after, but that is still no excuse. I'll take the first advise and consult the literature. I did off my resignation but was told that wouldn't be necessary.

Cheers all.

Morning all.
I'm an ex reg now a stab, and a few things have changed in the few years Ive been out and since joined the reserves.
Basically I've been done for a civi offence and this has effected my reserve "career".
It's been 5 weeks since conviction (drink Driving) and I've yet to face any discipline. The old and bold have said they have two weeks to put forward any action, is this right? Also I've been pulled off promotional courses (to be expected as I'm a driver) but I've discovered a lad in another sqn is currently on his second drink driving ban but wasn't pulled from any such courses and whilst banned has been promoted.
Last week my oc came to me with an apology from the CO saying I shouldn't have been pulled from the course, and offered me an alternative one in July. So I got it all agreed from work and sorted. Today I've been told the training major has convinced the CO to reverse his decision.
Do I have cause for a complaint?
If so how should I go about it?
Do I need any legal representation?
If so can anyone recommend a firm?

Cheers

You Sir, are a cock of the first order.

Quite apart from any moral objection tl drink driving, you're no fuckìng use to the unit any more and other men now have to do your work because you've been a bell end.

What do you reckon Stobarts would do - promote you to transport manager?

Old Stab

LE
Book Reviewer
Tbh, most people are caught the morning after.
A girl I used to work with blew over the limit at 11am the following morning. Not a heavy drinker either.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
You Sir, are a cock of the first order.

Quite apart from any moral objection tl drink driving, you're no fuckìng use to the unit any more and other men now have to do your work because you've been a bell end.

What do you reckon Stobarts would do - promote you to transport manager?

funnily enough in a totally unrealted incident Watch: Stobart Driver Reverses Along Motorway

The only saving grace from the OP's incident is nobody was harmed (assuming he's not failed to tell us about that) unlike the incident involving my mate Wayne Moores and the (CONVICTED DRINK DRIVER) Donna Hackett

My Brother in law was also caught for drink driving, the convicted drink driving fool. His was the morning after, well about 3am as he was driving at 90 in a 30 zone. Apparently it was the fault of the police he crashed as they startled him with their flashing lights and siren...

He lost his job before he was out of the police station.

I am not a fan of drink drivers.

Old Stab

LE
Book Reviewer
I like a drink as much as the next bloke. But if I'm driving the following day I'll have 3 beers max depending upon how early I have to get behind the wheel .

If it's going to be before 6 am, I'll have 2 and then none after 9pm.

As stated in my question. I fully expected to be pulled from the course. I included as much detail as I could to give full understanding of the what has gone off. I don't expect to be promoted in the slightest, that would be daft.
I'm concerned about time taken to give me any discipline. Can I take pulling me from the CLM as part of my punishment with more to come or is it as I expect par for the course and I should ( as I expect) await further punishment?
I'm under no illusion that this isn't 100% my fault. because it is.
Its been 6 weeks from my conviction and I would like to know where I stand, so I can get my head down and work on repairing the damage I have done.
Basically is there a time frame for discipline action?

funnily enough in a totally unrealted incident Watch: Stobart Driver Reverses Along Motorway

The only saving grace from the OP's incident is nobody was harmed (assuming he's not failed to tell us about that) unlike the incident involving my mate Wayne Moores and the (CONVICTED DRINK DRIVER) Donna Hackett

My Brother in law was also caught for drink driving, the convicted drink driving fool. His was the morning after, well about 3am as he was driving at 90 in a 30 zone. Apparently it was the fault of the police he crashed as they startled him with their flashing lights and siren...

He lost his job before he was out of the police station.

I am not a fan of drink drivers.

Wowsers. He's either very pissed or very bad at reversing. It's not hard. Wonder what sort of a panic made him decide to reverse. Surely not a couple of quid toll?

I've spun this dit before so I'll be brief. I was on an induction many moons ago and was tasked with running a few vehicles from Oxford to Birmingham. Because it was a bit of a test, we were asked to move separately, setting off at ten minute intervals. We were on the @34 anyway, and it was signposted off j1 m5, so a really simple route.

Nontheless, one of the drivers was a bit weak. His English was poor, so we arranged to meet him in the services and make sure he didn't get lost.

Except he never made it to the services.

Or to the job.

Or even to Birmingham.

After an hour or two and some increasingly frantic phone calls to from and via the polish controller, we found our man at junction 16 m6.

Stoke.

Fuckìng Stoke.

Clearly, the lad had no idea at all how to get from a to b so he'd literally just hopped in the cab and started driving.

The mind boggles.

I like a drink as much as the next bloke. But if I'm driving the following day I'll have 3 beers max depending upon how early I have to get behind the wheel .

If it's going to be before 6 am, I'll have 2 and then none after 9pm.

Yup, if I am working the following day I have a couple and that is it. It reallt is not a difficult concept.

I too have spun this dit before. We had a VM in our LAD who had recently got his licence back for drink driving. He got caught drink driving again and told our staffie he needed the morning off to speak with his solicitor, when he came back it turned out he was in court that morning for drink driving and had just been banned. He forgot to mention he had been caught twice within a short space of time and only mentioned the second and still pending court case. He was unemployed very shortly after that.

As stated in my question. I fully expected to be pulled from the course. I included as much detail as I could to give full understanding of the what has gone off. I don't expect to be promoted in the slightest, that would be daft.
I'm concerned about time taken to give me any discipline. Can I take pulling me from the CLM as part of my punishment with more to come or is it as I expect par for the course and I should ( as I expect) await further punishment?
I'm under no illusion that this isn't 100% my fault. because it is.
Its been 6 weeks from my conviction and I would like to know where I stand, so I can get my head down and work on repairing the damage I have done.
Basically is there a time frame for discipline action?

It's not the fact that you've made a mistake. Most people have probably done the morning after thing - knowingly or not. Especially years ago.

But you're bleating about being punished. You haven't been punished. You've made yourself no use to the unit and you're being treated like it.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
.... and you can't have your LS&GC, before you ask.

Last edited:
D

Deleted 15653

Tbh, most people are caught the morning after.
A girl I used to work with blew over the limit at 11am the following morning. Not a heavy drinker either.
Which is why I
1. take it very easy if I know I have to drive next morning (usually 3 pints max and stop before 2200)
2. bought one of these in case I want to drive next morning but aren't sure.(calibrated to current UK limit of 0.80/35 depending on units)
Amazon product

There have been several mornings where the keys were put away after blowing higher than expected.

Which is why I
1. take it very easy if I know I have to drive next morning (usually 3 pints max and stop before 2200)
2. bought one of these in case I want to drive next morning but aren't sure.(calibrated to current UK limit of 0.80/35 depending on units)
Amazon product

There have been several mornings where the keys were put away after blowing higher than expected.

Why not just do the calculation?

You're allowed 4 units, but that's for small people, so let's say 6.

Calculate that from when you start drinking, not when you stop.

So say 8pm for an 8am start.

1 unit an hour. So there's another 6 pints right there.

Plus, you'd be really unlucky to get a tug as soon as you set off.

1 more.

Then you tell the coppers that you just finished. So that's another 20 min to wait. Plus 40 minutes nicking you.

Plus it's lowest reading, so maybe one more for luck.

So I think 11 pints on a school night is reasonable.