Soldiers try to become sailors

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by northern-matelot, Aug 12, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What Corps/Regiment are they from??
  2. So there is something more dangerious than an Officer with a map:

"A simple error over tide times saw Captain Andy Ellis, Captain Terry Williams and Major Matt Smith being swept quickly towards the Needles and open sea, before a support boat had to tow them back to safety."
  3. It's not their fault.

I bet their Sergeant major said something like "Oh yes Sir, I've checked and it's perfectly safe."
    *thinks...serves the bastards right for making me work on a Saturday*
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Captain Andy Ellis, Captain Terry Williams and Major Matt Smith

Ah...I think I can see the problem...

• Like Like x 6
  5. Me thinks certain officers have been watching too much Top Gear.

"In order to keep it afloat the group had strapped the leafblowers to their makeshift deck"

Never mind A for effort.
  6. As someone who knows the Solent well doing RIB boating, to even think at hightide you could do this is being plain Officer, ie ******* stupid. Chances as well they would of come across Bramble Bank which is more or less in the middle and ended up beached. But at least the bouncy castle wouldnt of looked out of place. Please dont tell me they are from the 19 Port and Maritime lot down the road!!!
  7. Lessons learned? "Captain Andy Ellis, Captain Terry Williams and Major Matt Smith said they will attempt to do it again "
    Hello, Mr Darwin? I have some customers for you.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Reminds me of the people who think they can swim to Drake's island in Plymouth not taking into account the rip tide.
  9. To be fair, the terrain looked nothing like the contours on the map.
    • Like Like x 4
  10. n-m, perhaps even funnier was 1(F) Sqn aboard HMS Hermes 31 years ago headed down south on an eviction mission.
  11. At least these truly didnt know what theyre doing, more worryingly are the naval officers who crash and nearly sink warships
    • Like Like x 1

12. Ah yes, I think you're quite right.......two welsh crewmen will sink any ship afloat!
  13. It would only be Darwinian if they didn't bring a support boat!

As it is, it's just some wholesome arseing about. Or maybe even Arrseing about - are any of them members on here?