Soldiers told not to use Belfast Black Taxi

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by CERTOCITO42, Oct 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi i am an ex service man now driving a Black taxi in Belfast with several other ex service men.
    0ver the last few weeks it has come to our attention that service men in Belfast have been told not to use Black public hire taxis ,and to use some of the other pre book mini cabs ie F*** a cab and V**** cabs.We the ex service men find this an insult to us. I understand the security issues with this. all i can say is im sure that terroists dont drive round with 9mm in there black taxis .
    And as for pre booking a taxi ie 4 people leaving palace barricks and going to town is asking for trouble or going to palace barracks as
    compared to just getting in to a black hack and going
    Black taxi drivers get the same vetting as any other taxi driver
    BUT AS ALWAY BE VIGILANT OUT THERE. THERE IS A BAD ELEMENT AND THEY HAVE NOT GONE AWAY BE CAREFULL

2. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Isn't the fact your using your 1st post to encourage squaddies to use black cabs a bit suspect ?

Next week on Arrse

The Taliban's Midland representitives will be posting a list of squaddie friendly kebab houses for drunken squaddies to fall into

3. That must get a bit crowded.

4. Can`t believe this thread at all! The link between Black cabs and PIRA is well documentated and known to all.

As their wondrous leader once proclaimed `They haven`t gone away, you know`.

To the Hole methinks.....immediately!

5. There was never a problem with Black Taxis - the WAS with the Falls Taxi Association!

6. It's always been the case. We were told not to use black cabs in the 80's.

7. You SURE about that?

Black Cabs have always been a no-no.

8. Mate, you may be genuine and your point is valid, however I think you overlook a key point. Selective use of fast blacks would be difficult to control and the potential for some pished up soldier ending up in the 'wrong' type of Black Taxi is a credible scenario

If your not genuine, then try to be a bit more subtle in your targetting....

Keep her lit...

9. And let us not forget the two Royal Sigs lads that took a ride in a Black Cab........

10. Soldiers have been being told not to use black cabs since I was over there a decade ago, and probably for much longer before then. This is hardly a new thing, is it?

11. Of course he is, some use Uzi's

12. Funny old world, most of the Aldershot black cabs refused to pick you up if you were a squaddie because they were fed up with cleaning shoite/piss/puke/condoms/kebabs/beercans out of the back and also because squaddies could outrun the fat knacker drivers when they legged it without paying.
    You sure you want squaddies?

13. ok so most of u would rather pre book a private taxi that gets the same vetting as me and bear in mind i am an ex soldier and say come and get me big boy????????????????

14. Cpl's Woods & Howe I believe. The West Belfast Taxi Association owned the black cab that cut off their escape and transported them away.

15. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

What is the going rate for protection money these days :?