Soldiers told not to use Belfast Black Taxi

Hi i am an ex service man now driving a Black taxi in Belfast with several other ex service men.
0ver the last few weeks it has come to our attention that service men in Belfast have been told not to use Black public hire taxis ,and to use some of the other pre book mini cabs ie F*** a cab and V**** cabs.We the ex service men find this an insult to us. I understand the security issues with this. all i can say is im sure that terroists dont drive round with 9mm in there black taxis .
And as for pre booking a taxi ie 4 people leaving palace barricks and going to town is asking for trouble or going to palace barracks as
compared to just getting in to a black hack and going
Black taxi drivers get the same vetting as any other taxi driver
BUT AS ALWAY BE VIGILANT OUT THERE. THERE IS A BAD ELEMENT AND THEY HAVE NOT GONE AWAY BE CAREFULL

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Isn't the fact your using your 1st post to encourage squaddies to use black cabs a bit suspect ?

Next week on Arrse

The Taliban's Midland representitives will be posting a list of squaddie friendly kebab houses for drunken squaddies to fall into

LOCKHART said:
Hi i am an ex service man now driving a Black taxi in Belfast with several other ex service men.
That must get a bit crowded.

Can`t believe this thread at all! The link between Black cabs and PIRA is well documentated and known to all.

As their wondrous leader once proclaimed `They haven`t gone away, you know`.

To the Hole methinks.....immediately!

LOCKHART said:
all i can say is im sure that terroists dont drive round with 9mm in there black taxis .
You SURE about that?

Black Cabs have always been a no-no.

Mate, you may be genuine and your point is valid, however I think you overlook a key point. Selective use of fast blacks would be difficult to control and the potential for some pished up soldier ending up in the 'wrong' type of Black Taxi is a credible scenario

If your not genuine, then try to be a bit more subtle in your targetting....

Keep her lit...

And let us not forget the two Royal Sigs lads that took a ride in a Black Cab........

Oil_Slick said:
LOCKHART said:
all i can say is im sure that terroists dont drive round with 9mm in there black taxis .
You SURE about that?
Of course he is, some use Uzi's

Funny old world, most of the Aldershot black cabs refused to pick you up if you were a squaddie because they were fed up with cleaning shoite/piss/puke/condoms/kebabs/beercans out of the back and also because squaddies could outrun the fat knacker drivers when they legged it without paying.
You sure you want squaddies?

ok so most of u would rather pre book a private taxi that gets the same vetting as me and bear in mind i am an ex soldier and say come and get me big boy????????????????

rockape623 said:
And let us not forget the two Royal Sigs lads that took a ride in a Black Cab........
Cpl's Woods & Howe I believe. The West Belfast Taxi Association owned the black cab that cut off their escape and transported them away.

Alsacien

MIA
LOCKHART said:
0ver the last few weeks it has come to our attention that service men in Belfast have been told not to use Black public hire taxis ,and to use some of the other pre book mini cabs ie F*** a cab and V**** cabs.We the ex service men find this an insult to us. I understand the security issues with this. all i can say is im sure that terroists dont drive round with 9mm in there black taxis .
And as for pre booking a taxi ie 4 people leaving palace barricks and going to town is asking for trouble or going to palace barracks as
compared to just getting in to a black hack and going
Black taxi drivers get the same vetting as any other taxi driver
BUT AS ALWAY BE VIGILANT OUT THERE. THERE IS A BAD ELEMENT AND THEY HAVE NOT GONE AWAY BE CAREFULL
What is the going rate for protection money these days :?

LOCKHART said:
ok so most of u would rather pre book a private taxi that gets the same vetting as me and bear in mind i am an ex soldier and say come and get me big boy????????????????
When I served over there, there was a list of vetted taxi companies in the Gd Room that we were supposed to use. We were highly discouraged from using anyone not on the list.

So yes.

The only Cab Company we have been told to use is King Billy's Cabs Phone # 1690 1690. All the drivers are members of the South Belfast NI Supporters Club & support Linfield.

Drivers include:

Red Hand Luke

Uncle Andy

Mervyn

I love that bit, Black taxi drivers get the same vetting as other taxi drivers.
And what is that.
Here's your lucky bag with the licence in it. Don't forget you're not allowed any manners. The highway code no longer applies. Under no circumstances use your indicators and park it wherever you like.
Black hack drivers don't get me started.
Rip off merchants and some of them couldn't be trusted to even find their way across town

I'm a civvy and I can understand how stupid your post is from a supposed ex-serviceman. I'd call you a cnut but they're useful and I doubt theres any use for you. Now why don't you tattoo Mohammad is a battyboy on your forehead and take a walk around Bradford? It might answer your question.

edited to add....YOU FCUKING CCOK!!

Killaloe said:
The only Cab Company we have been told to use is King Billy's Cabs Phone # 1690 1690. All the drivers are members of the South Belfast NI Supporters Club & suppport Linfield.
And drink down the Kneebreakers.

Latest Threads