Soldiers 'tied and tortured' at camp

Soldiers ‘tied and tortured at base’ | The Sun |News|Campaigns|Our Boys

Ok it's from The Sun, so a pinch of salt is needed, but it appears that a Lance Jack has flipped up at Caterick, tied up 2 new recruits, tortured and tried to kidnap them. Currently the papaers state that an insider has claimed he's suffered a mental breakdown after returning from Afghanistan in 2010. One of the recruits managed to escape preventing the kidnap of himself and his oppo.

Wonder what will come of the following investigation?

Soldiers ‘tied and tortured at base’ | The Sun |News|Campaigns|Our Boys

Ok it's from The Sun, so a pinch of salt is needed, but it appears that a Lance Jack has flipped up at Caterick, tied up 2 new recruits, tortured and tried to kidnap them. Currently the papaers state that an insider has claimed he's suffered a mental breakdown after returning from Afghanistan in 2010. One of the recruits managed to escape preventing the kidnap of himself and his oppo.

Wonder what will come of the following investigation?
Slapped wrist, followed by a cuddle and then sent on a "arctic-warfare juniors course" or something similar (then again it could be an automatic draft to Deepcut) is my guess. :)

If you mean the reasons for it happening, that come out of the investigation then see the many PTSD threads on here and other sites.

I feel for them, I was kidnapped, beasted, tied up, hooded, given water torture, abused and beaten by a Cpl for 30 weeks during my basic training, he was a combat veteran. Falklands and NI. What's the biggy?

I feel for them, I was kidnapped, beasted, tied up, hooded, given water torture, abused and beaten by a Cpl for 30 weeks during my basic training, he was a combat veteran. Falklands and NI. What's the biggy?
You should write a book, something like "Fifty Shades of Basic" - it would be a best seller!

Rodney2q

See if he'd been a matelot he would have picked up how to be propper bends and hitches in week 6 of phase 1, no need for extra adquals courses.

2/3rds of this article is quoted to " A Source" This is out of character of the Sun newspaper , it is usually the premier daily and never normally relies on making shit up .

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
when can i re- join , i have to pay to be tied up and beaten these days .

Doubt this involved Recruits in training Lance Jacks do not instruct Recruits At ITC catterick.

1 Mercian is actualy based in Catterick on the other side of the Garrison.

I feel your pain. Now get down and give me twenty, sprog! :wink:

Doubt this involved Recruits in training Lance Jacks do not instruct Recruits At ITC catterick.

1 Mercian is actualy based in Catterick on the other side of the Garrison.
well you get the Admin LCpl in every Plt, the recruits must've been little hotties if A) they were too weak to stand up to him 2 vs 1 and B) he was taking them off camp to play with in a quiet part of Yorkshire.

It's in the Sun, and a quick google doesn't show it in a reputable newspaper or the Daily Mail - so I shall assume it's bollocks until a real source features it.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
See if he'd been a matelot he would have picked up how to be propper bends and hitches in week 6 of phase 1, no need for extra adquals courses.
Aye them matelots know all about bending.

Did I type that out loud?

So I heard a story once - emphasis on the words heard and story - about a PTSD suffering Sergeant (maybe a staffy) who kicked the **** out of a couple of sprog sappers (maybe one of the two sprogs) when they were new to their unit.

It wasn't for nothing, though, although it was still obviously (if it actually ****ing happened) a bit much. Allegedly a couple of new lads at 38 Engineers were in the block and decided to go down for a fag. It just so happened that they both needed a piss whilst down there and since nobody was around they just went up against the wall as nature intended. Somehow - allegedly - the sergeant's missus had seen them doing this as she was going to visit him. She reported it dutifully to her man who promptly ran into the block, berated to the sprogs and then, without provocation, started kicking seven shades of shit out of another, which left him banged up badly in the infirmary.

The other guy was really badly shaken up. They were just in and didn't quite have the confidence to protest or defend themselves. Anyway, the story continues to explain that there was outrage over the incident for a while but the Sergeant was then found to have pretty bad PTSD and had been on a difficult tour in Afghan. I think - THINK - in the end, he might have apologised to the sprog...

I heard from a source that Sapper H*ghes punched the RSM, but it was within 10 seconds of waking up so he didn't get charged. I shall sell this story to The Sun.