Soldiers - The new Primadonas

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by CAARPS, Jul 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now in the old days (hark at me) a squadie used to join, do his time, do all the short notice sh* t jobs and accept his lot.

Suddenly it seems that our precious young things need to be loved and adored at every turn and should only do the sexy deployments that give them recognition and adulation.

I think they should realise that they are low skilled, cheap labour, that sign the dotted line to be used in whatever way the government of the day see fit.

They think they are valued members of society that are so far up the food chain they are almost on a par with
    premiership footballers and some even think they need their own agents to negotiate their terms and conditions.

However, it's not about mine or their opinion it is always about the wisdom of ARRSE, so ARRSEs, what do you think

Discuss ^~
    • Like Like x 5
  2. H3

H3 LE

Are you on the blob old timer ..... Explain the low skilled comment ?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Premiership footballs are beneath me as I'm a big timing cunt
  4. I try not to think! It hurts, and they don't pay to :thumright:
  5. Opened up abit of a can of worms here mate, if you like getting back from afghan and instead of afew weeks leave, you get to stag on some shit venue for a sport you've never heard of join back up you "old timer" I think people have got a right to whinge so in short wind your neck in old guy
  6. Well I will go out on a limb here, I am guessing you ate not Stephen Hawking or a Rocket Scientist ^~
  7. you've got a bite :party:
    • Like Like x 6
  8. Without going into the semantics of CAARPS' comment, I do believe he was insinuating that your average tom is thicker than a STAB's waistline and has great difficulty in both breathing and reading simultaneously.

Which is true.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Tee Hee

And there is the case for the prosecution

I rest my case me Lud ^~
    • Like Like x 5
  10. Aww, didumms.

You were too thick to do anything else, ergo, the Armed Forces was the only employer in your solar system willing to pay you some dosh in return for doing as you are told.
  11. H3

H3 LE

No your correct but I earn 60K plus a year ;0)
  12. I have to admit this did make make laugh out loud:biggrin: and oh so true
  13. a1119.jpg

14. Well, I,m sure the Korean veterans (including the WW2 veterans. sooo many medals.. cornering is a problem) would bitch about NI GSM. its a different war we need to be a different army. And amazingly.. only the the offensive get to chooose the options.
  15. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Although on the other hand, there are not many professions left to respect! Journalists, doctors, politicians etc have all been caught being naughty. There are still prossies who conform to expectations, but everyone else?