Soldiers Off The Streets

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Grey_Mafia65, Aug 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone involved with this charity on here? I've been given information that someone with a history of ripping people off is working for the charity and would like to confirm this before I alert someone.

• Excellent Topic Excellent Topic x 1
  2. Heres a post I posted on the help for heroes thread 'Overkill maybe of too many charities and dilution of goodwill of the public?
    Posted elesewhere, cant remember if it was this thread, that recently I encountered H4H at queen st station in Glasgow, then got the underground to ibrox to see veterans in action, whom I hadnt heard of, collecting as well.
    Just been told about another org called veterans off the streets or similar at a game fare at the weekend there in Scotland. Not heard of them either. Are the newbies regulated and registered etc?'

Think its the same charity we are talking about. Have heard they could be not 100% reliable! Which kinds fits with what you are thinking. Having said that I've never seen them or heard of them myself prior to this!

3. I currently work on a outreach team for the charity, we are a charity set up to combat the estimated 10000 ex service personnel living on the streets by providing everything needed to rebuild lives.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wasn't there some link between SOTS and the BNP?

5. I'm local to where they are based and have seen the outreach cars knocking about (complete with private no. plates, hope the £5 I put in your tin last year never went towards paying for them!) :scratch:

index

6. S.O.T.S.........or "sots", is that really wise d'you think?

7. They are a registered charity with an address and phone numbers. Give them a call perhaps?

Website link below.

index

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Hi

Yes SOTS is a registered charity details below and they are doing a great job, please support this great charity where possible, they are genuine ! They are currently working with another great charity The LOL Foundation, ansd yes they are also registered and genuine (too many charities I hear, but they are needed to support issues not supported by the bigger charities - Help for Heroes, The Royal British legion, Combat Stress, ABF etc).

SOTS has recently re-homed 7 homeless veterans with accommodation run by the LOL foundation and the effect has been great so far. The lads have grown in confidence, they have got some pride back and are currently being assessed medically and mentally to map out the way forward.
    1137594 -
    SOLDIERS OFF THE STREET

The LOL Foundation LOL-Foundation - Home
    1149199 - LOL-FOUNDATION
    Charitable objects !TO REDUCE POVERTY, DISTRESS AND SUFFERING AMONGST FORMER MEMBERS OF THE ARMED FORCES OR THOSE WHO ARE ABOUT TO LEAVE THE SERVICES AND THEIR DEPENDANTS, IN PARTICULAR BUT NOT EXCLUSIVELY BY:

(A) THE PROVISION OF ACCOMMODATION TO THOSE WHO ARE HOMELESS;
    (B) THE PROVISION OF COUNSELLING;
    (C) THE PROVISION OF WORK BASED TRAINING AND EDUCATION TO THOSE WHO ARE UNEMPLOYED;
    (D) THE PROVISION OF ADVICE AND GUIDANCE TO ASSIST THOSE WHO ARE UNEMPLOYED TO FIND SUITABLE EMPLOYMENT.

In summary please advertise the above charities widely and lets together and help those in need who are forgotten about by this government and most of the established charities. SOTS and The LOL Foundation actually get around and find our veterans or are in need and not simply reply on them making contact.

PS If you are ever unsure if a charity is registered you can check the Charities commission website and check ! A few years a go while attending a Sale sharks rugby game in Stockport, there were several guys dressed as solder's in combats with berets claiming to collect for a service charity, after questioning the guy in charge it wes evident that they were fake and I said I was calling the police - they didnt hang around much longer. These type do give the genuine charties a bad name.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. S.O.T.S. has links to the BNP. Not suspected links, actual links.

10. Is there a charity out there which provides ex squaddies with hot meat pies?

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. I have no idea but if you have evidence they do then contact them to verify, it is fine claiming they do but check first before making such claims.

12. whoever you are I hope one day you need genuie assistance from these charities and stop making silly comments

13. Well they were set up by the BNP's Welsh Secretary and they recruit on the BNP's and the EDL's website. It's not rocket science.

14. well contact them and challenge them, I am sure if what you say is true, other charties will want to distance themselves from them - in fact I will contact Bill who runs this charity and put these claims to him.

15. Bill Murray, the former Welsh Secretary of the BNP?

• Like Like x 1