Soldiers off the Streets Charity

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by walting_matilda, Jan 27, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Chaps.

Looking to do some fund raising for these guys but do not know much about them. Does anyone?

Is it not just best to dontate to Help for Heroes?
  2. Theyre a BNP front run by the BNP's Welsh Secretary.
  3. Help for Heroes has also had problems. So which are the best charities?
  4. Hols For Heroes is pretty good.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Do you mean a charity run by the BNP for ex soldiers?
  6. My words were carefully chosen.
  7. How odd,the Charity Commission has no record of their name or registered charity number?
    • Like Like x 1
  8. strange thread-supported hols/help- if theres probs then all of arrse should know !!!!
  9. There seems to have been a few of these oddities springing up recently. The cynic in me believes that they are inspired more by news that Help for Heroes directors drove Aston Martins, than by news of what that charity was doing for the troops. The blokes manning an Army of Angels stand I saw recently looked as though they were targeting the more elderly passers-by with their 'collecting for injured soldiers' schtick and their banner was emblazoned with something about wanting to raise £1m, of which I thought, 'yeah, I bet you ******* do'.
    All these characters are doing is riding on the back of popular support for the armed forces and even if they're well-meaning, they are still diluting the amount of money which eventually finds its way to helping the right people. There are already established charities catering for a wide range of circumstances such as the RBL, SSAFA, BLESMA, Blind Veterans UK, Combat Stress, as well as Help for Heroes. There are also regimental charities such as Care for Casualties, which is the one run by The Rifles:-
    The Rifles "Care for Casualties" Appeal
    • Like Like x 3
  10. There's a new thread on here about SOTS every couple of months. How many times do people have to be told that it's dodgy as ****?
  11. Matilda
    Help for heroes have had problems as well, oh really, I had know idea they where a publicity stunt for a group of intolerant white nationalists and holocaust denying fuckwits. I had to put someone straight about SOTS just the other week.
  12. QUOTE=zero-over;4864412]There's a new thread on here about SOTS every couple of months. How many times do people have to be told that it's dodgy as ****?[/QUOTE]

maybe thats the point !! i get on arrse as and when i can and sometimes this might be weeks or months apart !! something that is posted and then not bumped can lie dormant from most posters ! i have supported grownuprafbrat and hols for heroes after years of NOT giving anything because i believed that money given (even to BL) did not reach the enduser-i know of quite a few deserving cases who would benefit from some sort of charity or other but am wary of advocating any as im not sure of the end result and would be disappointed to point people in need in the wrong direction !
    • Like Like x 1
  13. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

In your opinion.

14. any opinions or knowledge would be gratefully appreciated by the general membership so we know that the money we give GETS to the people we want to support !!
  15. If a charity that isn't registered, actively recruits on the websites of the BNP and the EDL, is run by the BNP's Welsh Secretary and has never told anyone where the money goes doesn't count as dodgy in your book then maybe you should raise the bar a little.