Soldiers of tomorrow

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by OldRedCap, Mar 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What about if all the immigrants and asylum seekers had to serve a 5 year term in the infantry to gain admission to the Uk. No need for asylum centres just turn them into training barracks.
  2. Half the Army is made up of illiterate chavs,and we don't seem to be doing too bad.
  3. "I might go to Army myself. I feel really interestin so i can fight for my country"

"If I did join the army I would not have to fight for my country. If I was fine for sumfing which is not good like Iraq and Afghanistan, I'm against it"

say wha? :? 8O
  4. What are they going to do with bacon grill, and compo bangers, there all mussys
  5. not THAT's a brilliant idea! :roll:
  6. Exactly! Useless cnuts!
  7. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

on the other hand, recruiting kids from london - you cant help thinking they'd be a dab hand with a bayonet.
  8. Either no ethnic British people came into that office, or someone's being selective with the interviews. Given the choice, the BBC is more likely to want to show hard-of-thinking chavs being "influenced" than switched-on youngsters who know what they're joining and can express why in words of more than two syllables.
  9. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

maybe by showing the types of people they did, it's showing kids people they can relate to considering joining - the switched on kids who know what they want are not going to need anymore encouragement, but the ones on the sideline may well do.
  10. While the chav ******* might not be the best material surely with the proper application of discipline they might turn out all right, i'm certain I know soldiers who were pricks before the army got hold of them.

Additionally surely its better if they join the army and become useful to society than hang around and become dole scum and criminals. Obviously if they don't respond to training we should kick the twats out.
  11. Have you ever been to Hackney, the ethnic representation was probably correct. Anway being 'ethnic British' (whatever that means) and being a hard-of thinking chav are hardly mutually exclusive
  12. There are at least 3 muslims and 1 jew in my Coy and they seem to manage OK with the grub.

Why have some of you got such a sad on about ethnics/muslims in the Army anyway? I'm glad that they identify enough with our nation to fight for it. As for chavs, as mark1234 said, you should see half the sprogs we get in our battalion.
  13. Fight for your country?...

As regards to that video, Call Of Duty is more realistic lol
  14. She just needs to realise that once in you're in. No opt outs. A bit like that RAF Doctor found out.

Probably take them back to the Q man and say, "Staff, could i have some Halal/vegie/etc rations please".