Soldiers of tomorrow

What about if all the immigrants and asylum seekers had to serve a 5 year term in the infantry to gain admission to the Uk. No need for asylum centres just turn them into training barracks.

"I might go to Army myself. I feel really interestin so i can fight for my country"

"If I did join the army I would not have to fight for my country. If I was fine for sumfing which is not good like Iraq and Afghanistan, I'm against it"

say wha? :? 8O

What are they going to do with bacon grill, and compo bangers, there all mussys

firthy said:
What about if all the immigrants and asylum seekers had to serve a 5 year term in the infantry to gain admission to the Uk. No need for asylum centres just turn them into training barracks.
not THAT's a brilliant idea! :roll:

Proper_Gander said:
"I might go to Army myself. I feel really interestin so i can fight for my country"

"If I did join the army I would not have to fight for my country. If I was fine for sumfing which is not good like Iraq and Afghanistan, I'm against it"

Exactly! Useless cnuts!

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
on the other hand, recruiting kids from london - you cant help thinking they'd be a dab hand with a bayonet.

Either no ethnic British people came into that office, or someone's being selective with the interviews. Given the choice, the BBC is more likely to want to show hard-of-thinking chavs being "influenced" than switched-on youngsters who know what they're joining and can express why in words of more than two syllables.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Bravo_Zulu said:
Either no ethnic British people came into that office, or someone's being selective with the interviews. Given the choice, the BBC is more likely to want to show hard-of-thinking chavs being "influenced" than switched-on youngsters who know what they're joining and can express why in words of more than two syllables.
maybe by showing the types of people they did, it's showing kids people they can relate to considering joining - the switched on kids who know what they want are not going to need anymore encouragement, but the ones on the sideline may well do.

While the chav ******* might not be the best material surely with the proper application of discipline they might turn out all right, i'm certain I know soldiers who were pricks before the army got hold of them.

Additionally surely its better if they join the army and become useful to society than hang around and become dole scum and criminals. Obviously if they don't respond to training we should kick the twats out.

Bravo_Zulu said:
Have you ever been to Hackney, the ethnic representation was probably correct. Anway being 'ethnic British' (whatever that means) and being a hard-of thinking chav are hardly mutually exclusive

tropper66 said:
There are at least 3 muslims and 1 jew in my Coy and they seem to manage OK with the grub.

Why have some of you got such a sad on about ethnics/muslims in the Army anyway? I'm glad that they identify enough with our nation to fight for it. As for chavs, as mark1234 said, you should see half the sprogs we get in our battalion.

Proper_Gander said:

She just needs to realise that once in you're in. No opt outs. A bit like that RAF Doctor found out.

tropper66 said:
Probably take them back to the Q man and say, "Staff, could i have some Halal/vegie/etc rations please".

tropper66 said:
There are Halal Ration packs and have been for some time.

I have Muslims as trained Soldiers and recruits in my Coy, and some of them have been on OPs repeatedly and will go on OPs again.

Personally , I think bringing ACIO's into the 21st Century like this is blinding. It relates to the kids far better than an Office that looks primarily set up to recruit, a format hardly changed since the 70's.

Can't wait for the MoD to move Birmingham ACIO from the back end of beyond where it currently is, and into the Bullring or New Street in this format.

Have you ever been to Hackney, the ethnic representation was probably correct. Anway being 'ethnic British' (whatever that means) and being a hard-of thinking chav are hardly mutually exclusive
Really?

If they are going to move all ACIO/AFCO to the high street then a lot of advertising needs to be done.
Most ACIO/AFCO have been in the same place since the 50s and there location is imprinted on the memory of the locals.

How many applicants are going to bother looking us up, when they go to the old place and see the WE HAVE MOVED signs in the window????
It aint broke dont try to fix it

And Hackney isnt a careers application office, its a walk in information centre.

ouyin said:
MSI64 said:
It aint broke dont try to fix it
Society is changing constantly; the recruiting methods of the army need to change as well to address it.

Surely this is pretty self-evident?
Recruiting methods do need to change I agree but they have career fairs/outreach/DART teams

However the Army recruitment office is surely the main stay of the process??
As I said the new office's are information centre's, anyone who wants to make an application still needs to go to an army careers office.