Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soldiers not told they are eating halal-meat.

B

bokkatankie

The DT appears to becoming as hysterical as the the DM:

"But I do think he makes a good point. If you were to introduce some sort of compulsory method of labelling ... you would not, I think, go for halal or kosher ... but you would go for stunned or un-stunned."

Henry Grunwald QC, chairman of Shechita UK, the Jewish representative body, and Dr Shuja Shafi, Deputy Secretary General of the Muslim Council of Britain, previously told the Telegraph they believe all menus and packets should specify how animals have been slaughtered, and if they have been stunned.

They both said animals killed in accordance with religious practices are treated no worse than others that are killed to be eaten.

Who gives a fcuk how it died meat is meat:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...iers-not-told-they-are-eating-halal-meat.html

This topic was well grilled a couple of weeks ago.....

genuine question, is there a difference in taste?

I have no ethical concerns about eating either, and indeed may have done. I'm just curious if they taste different

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer

I have no ethical concerns about eating either, and indeed may have done. I'm just curious if they taste different

Nope none a dead animal is a dead animal no matter how you killed it.
Same as the horse in the Lasagnia who the **** noticed the tast?

Interestingly when they had Arab recuits at RAF Cranwell their rations used to be stamped that they had been prepared in the halal way.

More bacon for the rest of us

It looks and tastes the same. That's probably why they fail to complain when fed bacon under the pretext it's turkey or duck.
Nope none a dead animal is a dead animal no matter how you killed it.
Same as the horse in the Lasagnia who the **** noticed the tast?

Interestingly when they had Arab recuits at RAF Cranwell their rations used to be stamped that they had been prepared in the halal way.

More bacon for the rest of us

fair do's, I eat in enough foreign-themed restaurants and I suspect I have had it loads of times without knowing, it's not a concern

@Cutaway, is your meat halal?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

None taste wise, although there are some on here who would have you believe that Halal meat tastes like licking Satan's gonads after a particularly hard day at the Pits of Hell but then if you've ever tried a doner kebab sober, you won't notice the difference :D

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

None taste wise, although there are some on here who would have you believe that Halal meat tastes like licking Satan's gonads after a particularly hard day at the Pits of Hell but then if you've ever tried a doner kebab sober, you won't notice the difference :D

pervert

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru

There is supposed to be a difference in taste if the animal is stressed, something to do with adrenaline release I think. I can't imagine though an animal not stressed at an abbatoir.

Having eaten both Halal and Haram sheep and Goat, I can honestly say I noticed no difference.

Muslim Gentleman I have worked with, Insist Halal meat tastes better, although none have ever eaten meat that's Haram.

Ive asked the obvious question and im either ignored or given a religious based reason as to why it must taste better.

There is supposed to be a difference in taste if the animal is stressed, something to do with adrenaline release I think. I can't imagine though an animal not stressed at an abbatoir.

Don't pigs release some horrible chemical into their system which taints the meat ??

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

So, therefore no difference as all animals go through an abbatoir/slaughterhouse unless you kill your own.

Latest Threads