Soldiers not marching?

In Hythe today. Stopped by the ranges at the road works on the A259. Whilst waiting a gaggle of about 30 soldiers sauntered by, in loose formation heading up to Serial 12.
Is this normal now? I'm not upset or outraged - just curious!

Old Stab

LE
Book Reviewer
In Hythe today. Stopped by the ranges at the road works on the A259. Whilst waiting a gaggle of about 30 soldiers sauntered by, in loose formation heading up to Serial 12.
Normal.
The ONLY squaddies who actually march as a body of men on my range are Recruits and the Marines.

The rest look like a camo'd up shower of shiite!

Yup.

it’s the ranges - not a parade.

they even let the guys put on layers if they are cold or a waterproof if it is raining without the officer telling them to!

It's anarchy I tell you, sheer fucking anarchy

What with beards an all that……

What a liberty!!!!!!!

Liberty? I would have let that blond, 6 foot tall lass at the Belgian MT in Rheindahlen take liberties with me.........so would the rest of the male population of squaddies too, you would see grown men, of all ranks, visibly drool as she walked past.

Wait until you hear about the fleece lined ’hand warmer’ pockets in the jackets!
Dear Lord what new form of hell is this?

Yup.

it’s the ranges - not a parade.

they even let the guys put on layers if they are cold or a waterproof if it is raining without the officer telling them to!

God's teeth man! Are you implying that enlisted ranks are able to choose when to use equipment that is issued?

I'm still miffed at getting 30 pressups for daring to wear my NI gloves one night on Ex Hunters Moon, "Oohhhhh....is Mrs ******* little boy feeling the cold? Over there, 30, that will warm you up"

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
God's teeth man! Are you implying that enlisted ranks are able to choose when to use equipment that is issued?

I'm still miffed at getting 30 pressups for daring to wear my NI gloves one night on Ex Hunters Moon, "Oohhhhh....is Mrs ******* little boy feeling the cold? Over there, 30, that will warm you up"
Character building.

Ritch

LE

He was just making sure you'd get nice and warm. Thoughtful really.

Did it make the slightest bit of difference that soldiers walked?

Although there will be some on here outraged that because they were treated like bellends when they served.

Wait until you hear about the fleece lined ’hand warmer’ pockets in the jackets!

Back in the mists of time we used to wear our bum rolls on the back of our webbing. Seems like in extreme cases of Gucci, cushtyness they have moved them up front and fleece lined them too.

iu

Back in the mists of time we used to wear our bum rolls on the back of our webbing. Seems like in extreme cases of Gucci, cushtyness they have moved them up front and fleece lined them too.

iu
First it was combat cod pieces now it’s combat muffs? I despair.

Now that makes sense . . . Wait! Hands in pockets!!! . . . It's anarchy, sheer ******* anarchy.

Issi

LE
Did it make the slightest bit of difference that soldiers walked?

Although there will be some on here outraged that because they were treated like bellends when they served.
Well, I didn’t see that comment coming.

Latest Threads