Soldiers mother in Bush protest

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, Aug 11, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Good spot PTP.

Well I wish her every success with this, but my gut feeling is that it will be a snowy day in hell before Condi or Andrew Card allow Dubya anywhere near her!
  3. Maybe she should run in the primaries against the Republican heir apparent , if she wants her voice heard on primetime? Worked for Reg Keys....
  4. Well stranger things have happened, and without wishing to appear sarcastic, US politics is stranger than most. Cindy Sheehan's situation is generating a fair amount of interest stateside - much as Reg Keys' did here.

Here is but one example of that interest - an interview with Mrs Sheehan:

5. It would actually appear that Mrs Sheehan and Dubya did meet in wonder she wants a rematch - the transcript is truly baffling.
  6. Noticed this a few days ago on the micheal moore website (yuck.... it was research honest! :D )

she seems quite set to wait him out.

good luck to her...
  7. Her loss is tragic. Her efforts to politicize her loss is a real shame.
  8. Why do you say that? He died as a result of U.S. politics, so surely the two are inextricably linked?
  9. He was a volunteer not a draftee. His service would seem to be support of US policy, an act of patriotism. His mother on the other hand....
  10. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Firmly believes that his life was wasted in support of a lie.
  11. He (and his mother) was told by Bush that he was fighting to protect the U.S. from Iraq's weapons of mass destruction, and that invading Iraq would reduce the likelihood of further terrorist attacks. It was on the basis of that information that he chose to serve.

It now looks like such assertions were foolish at best, or downright deceitful at worst. Either way, I think his mother, and indeed every U.S. and U.K. citizen, has the right to some sort of answers.
  12. I have to agree with T6, he was a volunteer. Reg Keys, Fus Gentles family and the likes of this woman are quickly used by those with a political axe to grind. Protesting is never going to bring their children back their children volunteered for service not to pick and choose if the war is right or wrong.

Its very sad on many levels and pointless but encouraged and exploited by the likes of Michael Moore and that twat Damon Albarn or George Galloway.
  13. I'm not shure she's being exploited, but perhaps I'm not feeling terribly cynical today?
  14. is it any wonder that the US lose so many troops to IEDs, this pic is of how they pack their troops into vehicles on patrol:

'Exclusive CNN image show U.S. troops in tanks and Bradley fighting vehicles in Tal Afar on Tuesday'.
    Not showing much of a 'duty of care'.
  15. Its so sad, Bush will not go to one funeral or recieve one of the coffins back off the planes, but he will ignore this poor lady and sweep on by, arrogant as these politicians are once they have got their second term and no longer have any votes to chase, cynical view i am sorry but there we are!
    They use all sorts of excuses, security, being busy etc to make sure that a simple wish of a mother who lost her boy is not fulfuilled. I have not seen any of the big wigs over there loose a son or daughter, much less actually send a son or daughter out there to join up or serve? I dont like Michael Moore's style, i dont like his journalism, but he is the only one in the big time US media who has spoken out and quantified and looked deeper in to the Bush Regime and its almost cold and calous disregard for the almost 1900 US dead since "mission accomplished" was declared by Bush on that Air Craft carrier! The small mid west towns have paid the bulk of the price(reservisits killed) along with with the inner city deprived areas loosing most of the reg troops killed..... what can we do, offer support to this lady and hope she has her wish to speak to the leader of her country who, the commander in chief who sent her boy to fight and die.