SOLDIERS MOTHER BANNED FROM POST OFFICE

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by billc, Aug 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Probably a more reliable source of news than the BBC these days.

2. I saw this a couple of days ago, but after googling it, I couldn't find a credible News source, (There was a link to The Sun, but after clicking on it was told that ' No such story exists')

3. Ahh the Ministry of Truth has been destroying all copies of the story... Tin Foil Hats on!

Doubleplusgood, 2 plus 2 = 5.

4. I wonder if there is another side to the story?

The Welsh manageress of the Post Office has refused to serve soldier's mum, even when Mr Khan is out of the country.

Would anyone like me to save them a seat at the back of the outrage bus?

5. As Mr Khan is Indian I find it a little strange that he should be so disapproving of the Afghanistan situation.

Knowing BNP's reputation with 'facts' I would suggest that there is a lot more to this than we are being told.

The phrase 'Cherry Picking' comes to mind.

6. He probably banned her because shes a chav moose. Dont blame him to be honest.

7. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Kampfgruppe Keyboard Kommando to the FUP!

Or just ignore what'll probably turn out to be a story with no substance whatsoever. Funny that she went straight to the Nazis rather than say, her MP, local rag or indeed CAB.

8. That possibility had also crossed my mind strange as it may seem.

Don't know what it is, but she just looks like she has got a bit of a gob on her.

9. Like the BNP Ghurka leaflet? Forged and funded by the Labour Party?

Not the only ones to Cherry Pick stories clearly.

10. Personally I don't think there is any substance to the story. If it had then I would think at least the local press would have given it some attention followed by the national press. Furthermore there is a complaints procedure to follow with the Post Office. Methinks if she was banned I doubt that her son's status (if true) would be the issue. Bearing in mind a shopkeeper can refuse to serve anyone if they misbehave and ban an individual or group from their premises.

11. A shopkeeper in Glasgow refused to serve my wife for being English so it does happen.

(And yes I did pay a visit and redressed the grievance).

12. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Of course he did. Liar.

13. Didn't say that did I?
    You always to be seen around as soon as the BNP are mentioned Coming Man.
    Are you back to supporting them again?

14. As a matter of fact its true, hardware shop just up from the roundabout between Castlemilk and Kings Park, wanted a padlock to prevent neds breaking into the garden shed.

A proper republican chap gave my wife a hard time, wasn't so gobby when I tipped up the next day oddly enough.

One of many racist incidents I encountered including a gang of Neds chanting "Bomb, Bomb, Bomb the British B*stards outside my pad.

Fecking untermensch.