• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

"Soldiers hit out after `baby killer taunts"

Another stick with which to apparently have a go at us; or at first glimpse so it first seems.
Whilst understanding completely the sentiment physically manifested (ie they did the gobby cnuts over) I am unwilling to accept or condone the alleged kicking on the ground or the leaving on their backs of those unfortunate 'Persons'. I would have preferred to see however their responsible placing into a 3/4 prone position, after having given the cnuts a good kicking. :twisted:

Bits

War Hero
Same detail here. I think I would have struggled not to chin the fluckers under any circumstances, never mind immediately post-op.

I won't condone drunken violence, but I have seldom heard of a civvy provoking a soldier and not coming off worst. To my mind, therefore, these three servicemen were merely accomplices to basic Darwinian theory.

Do not argue with servicemen - you will lose.
Do not drink with servicemen - you will lose.
Do not fight with servicemen - you will lose.

I hope the Soldiers are OK.

I'm confuzzled: Are they restricted to the barracks? The article said they plead guilty and were on unconditional bail. Are they awaiting sentencing?

Er forgive me if I'm reading that wrong, but it's the squaddies being charged despite:

After CCTV footage was shown in court Mr Wieck said: "It is absolutely very clear that the very first blow that is swung is by the bloke with the spiky hair."
So the perpetrators are the victims because they bit off more than they could chew? They owe the soldiers a pint for teaching them a valuable lesson.

As a police officer, I can tell you this (all the UK vs US bullshit aside):

If something like this were to occur where I live/work, it would never even make it to court. The laws here, would allow ME to handle it. This type of fight doesn't merit the courts eye. Sounds like a case of clear cut self defense to me, based upon the CCTV. Yeah, maybe the "lads" went a wee bit overboard, however, I wouldn't even send this case to the district attorney for charging.

Anyone who knows Warminster, knows how the old bill deal with situations like this, and what the 'rules' are.

JB's ? But it's such a nice place, do they still do afternoon cream teas there? :D

It does beg the question why the squaddies are being dragged through the courts and yet the ones that cctv shows started it are not even being charged.

Perhaps the Warminster plod don't know how to find a known local troublemaker sporting an outrageous haircut and showing the obvious signs of having been beaten black and blue? Maybe I'm being unfair, they're probably too busy pointing cameras along the M4 to do anything that smacks of actual police work.

Again, Fully in support of the BW guys, Its bad enough having been through a traumatic experience without some muppet who doesnt know what the hell they are on about shouting abuse like that at you.

Just a shame you only left one nose bleeding!!

He said neither of the two victims lodged a complaint about the attack, probably because they knew they had played a part in the fight.
WTF? No complaint, no crime. I don't get it. Unless police brought charges after viewing CCTV. Personally, I'd have screened it out.

V!

Unfortunately its another case of servicemen who are trained to carry out the most violent actions human beings inflict on each other being expected to just switch off, even after returning from a place as traumatic as Iraq.

Drink, the best military training in the world and provocation. Not a good combination.

Fecking civvies deserved all they got and I'm ashamed that this case has gone to court.

An easy target for the Crown Prosecution Service.

Another statistic, and another persecution of productive members of society to the benefit of Bliar-voting scum.

The attitude of law enforcement is one of disenfranchisement. If you are hit or threatened, lie there and bleed and wait for help, or run away. Do not act in self-defence, or that is challenging the absolute right of the system to arbitrate in such matters.

I am sure that individual coppers feel differently and are in fact sympathetic, but it is clear that the prosecution system in this country is geared to keeping the individial in place.

I always thought - and would have hoped the law would agree with me - that any tw@t that comes and starts a fight with me when I'm minding my own business and haven't provoked him deserves whatever pasting I can give him. In these circumstances, justice would dictate that you get whatver comes to you.

Obviously not... :cry:

If the muppet (magistrate) has any sense, he'll give them an absolute or conditional discharge.

As said by the Vegster, no victim for a crime like this then fcuk it off your workfile, it's pointless even persuing public order offences in the face of such provocation, why did the jocks plead guilty?

Bad advice I say, ' The crown wishes to withdraw the charges, not in the public interest' should be the way forward.

Latest Threads