Soldiers: Heroes of World War II DVD

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Tremaine, May 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "Against all odds a few good men will prevail..." reminiscent of the Commandos series.The game comes with 30 missions in total, spread out over four campaigns (Russian, British, US, and German) in a set of stand-alone missions. In just about every case, you're presented with seemingly impossible odds to overcome.
    Images here:
    Soldout Software 2004

"Overall, Soldiers: Heroes of World War II is a very good game that should appeal most to hardcore strategy fans, due to its intricate gameplay and great presentation. However, others may be put off by the game's difficulty, which can make missions seem like trial and error at times, or by the control scheme, which can make for some frantic scrambling with the mouse and keyboard."

Found this little gem in a Charity Shop and thinking oft sticking it on the Laptop, XP Pro , SP3. Anyone played this and what did you think?

Trem' :)
  2. great game only downside is the small number of units you can control, there is a kind of sequel to this game called "men of war"that makes the gameplay even better with more units and such
  3. Thanks :D It's set up okay, and the relatively basic Laptop runs it fine, on 1300Mhz, 512k RAM with no dragging or glitches so far. Load time is pretty good and the graphics look good. Nice game, if a little complicated.

4. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Balls. Wish I'd read this before I left the house. I'd have had it downloading ready for when I finish work!

Ever played Company of Heroes? Sounds a bit similar, and so far COH is the best strategy game I've ever played.
  5. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Ok so I "acquired" this today. One hour in and all I've managed is the training. This is quite easily the hardest game I've ever played, and it's making me feel like a complete failure. I can't even get past the first few sentries on the first missions at Normal difficulty!