Soldiers going hungry in Afghan...

Daily hate scaremongering again or a real issue?...

Soldiers go into battle in Afghanistan on empty stomachs | Mail Online

Napoleon famously declared that an Army marches on its stomach.

But soldiers serving in Afghanistan are going into battle hungry because they refuse to eat the ‘disgusting’ food in their revamped ration packs.

Troops are unhappy that ‘good old British’ meals such as sausage and beans and Lancashire hotpot have been replaced by salads, muesli and strawberry porridge.

The contents of the ration packs were changed in 2009, supposedly to make them more palatable for young squaddies.

But one sergeant deployed in Helmand province said his men were so put off by the healthier ‘rat packs’ that they regularly gave half of them away.
Bring back bacon grill,babies heads & train smash I say...:lick:

Salad? In a ratpack? How does that work? desicated lettuce in a box?

Sure this has be covered on here before. I thought the new ones were pretty good last year - remember this was only one letter, and to the daily mail. The rat packs (did) come with feedback cards if you did think that they were that gopping.

It has to be true - 'hellsbrink' says everything we read in the papers is completely on the level and all information is correct!

Lettuce?,,,how does that work then?,do you have to reconstitute it?,how about salad dressing (olive oil+lemon juice+black pepper)?,is it a special variety that does not wilt in the heat of a Afghani Summer?,does it come with tomatoes and grated cheddar?.....The mind boggles....

Sure this has be covered on here before. I thought the new ones were pretty good last year - remember this was only one letter, and to the daily mail. The rat packs (did) come with feedback cards if you did think that they were that gopping.
I think they feedback cards have 'expired'. You'll still find them in there though. Bit likewhen you had to replace the chocolate and cheese possessed.

So they're not going hungry because of lack of food. They're going hungry because they are picky *******. I used to hate some of the old tinned compo stuff, but I ate the ******* stuff when I was hungry.

In short, stop dripping, man the **** up and eat what's put in front of you.

So they're not going hungry because of lack of food. They're going hungry because they are picky *******. I used to hate some of the old tinned compo stuff, but I ate the ******* stuff when I was hungry.

In short, stop dripping, man the **** up and eat what's put in front of you.
they're clearly not hungry enough, their manning should be reduced so they have to work harder.

B

Biscuits_AB

Boil in the bag Currywurst and Pommes Mayo. It's the future.

If they don't like the food, pay, conditions, deployments, etc, etc, then they should make the obvious choice. Since Afghhanistan kicked off, the amount of ******* whining has steadily grown to embarrassment levels. Don't like it, sign off. You'll be replaced.

You'd eat it if they were hungry enough.

As my gran used to say.

My Primary school teacher used to tell us when she was young, her Mother used to t hreaten to send their food to Africa in a jiffy bag if they didn't eat it... her sister used to shout 'they can have mine'... this must have been in the 1940/50s!

When the mixed menu rations came out there was a guy in my unit who only ate menu 3 as that was the only one he could eat (liked). if your that hungry you'd eat it!

With the old stuff, even if you didn't like it, it was still palatable. With the new rations your screwed if you don't like fish which I believe the vast majority of the lunches are, or bean salad. Spent most of my lunches eating biscuit browns and melted yorkie.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
With the old stuff, even if you didn't like it, it was still palatable. With the new rations your screwed if you don't like fish which I believe the vast majority of the lunches are, or bean salad. Spent most of my lunches eating biscuit browns and melted yorkie.
Have you actually looked at the choices?

I hate curry and I've never drunk tea. Haven't these sprogs head of swapsy?

You don't really get much choice your stuck in a PB or CP with only one or two menus. Though the ten man rat packs weren't the worst in the world. Could even knock pizzas up out of them.

Latest Threads