Soldiers find Brummie Afghan fighter theyd shot had Aston

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by arclight999, Jun 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. And we are all still outraged that the BNP got a million votes at the EU Elections.
    This country has turned into a fooking joke, never mind Afghanistan, when are we going to get our own house in order?
    This problem has been lurking for years and we have done nothing about it. There is more outrage at the BNP than there is about British passport holders fighting against this county in Afghanistan.
    No wonder the rest of the world thinks we are a joke

2. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Withoput wishing to be glib it seems to be a win win situation. Not the sort of person we want hanging about in the UK and probably not as good at fighting as the local born AQ/Talibs.

3. I wonder how many visitors here, are here to read about the Taliban driving Aston Martins?

Doubtless this will become more of a headline when a Brummie Taliban fighter is shot and injured by BRITFOR and ends up getting treated at Selly Oak. Handy for family visits I guess.

4. Plus he will probably get compensation from this government.

5. Probably not, but should his kind arrive back here full of holes etc they will be taken care of by the NHS and no doubt we shall pay there incapacity benefit.....

6. It might have been against his 'human rights' to be brutally shot by a passing patrol whilst he was taking an innocent holiday to see his penpals in Helmand!

7. We arrested a bloke wearing a Birmingham City top once, and i remember a prisoner or two in Iraq had brummy accents

8. Not only was he a bad man, but he might have lost his chance to go to paradise...
    According to my Muslim mates, and the mighty Google, tattoos are considered Haraam.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving type in my opinion.

9. Just goes to prove what a sterling job our former Home Secretary and communities Secretary were doing, before those horrible journalists started writing all of those nasty pieces.

10. As one wit in the comments points out, he probably got a postal vote for the Euro elections.

Is it even illegal under English law to take up arms against UK troops abroad? Do these canutes get prosecuted by the Afghan courts?

11. If captured by the ANA anything could happen

12. Perhaps we could get a scheme going whereby we let all the extremists use Brize to travel to Afghan, then chuck them out at 5000 ft.

13. How anyone brought up in our fair land can join that despicable organisation is beyond me. I don't think much of AQ either.

14. I like to think that any I ran across were buried in shallow graves.