Soldiers fighting

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by craftsmanx, Jan 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was talking to a lad in Manchester who told me a while ago that he was joining the army so I was surprised to see him working for a civvy firm. I asked him why and his answer was " I've done my basic training but got into trouble for fighting so they've sent me home and I can't go back for 3 months to do my trade training"
    You couldn't make it up could you.

2. I don't see what point you are trying to make, manx.

3. Perhaps he is calling you a puff Flashy

4. Don't you find it strange that a soldier is sent home for fighting, they used to do that at primary school.

5. Fcuk me, a 3 month bender spent at home! Is he still getting paid?

6. Isn't that what squaddies are supposed to do? Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

To think, you would have been shot as a deserter if you refused to fight not so long ago. Maybe it's a basic training thing only, 'specially considering that a unit hobby for most units is to batter the hell out of other units. Good for moral and esprite de corpse an all that.

Bum rap!

7. Perhaps he was lying?

If he was sent home on leave, he'd be getting paid, and wouldn't be doing a civvy job.

8. Of course he's lying. You don't get sent home for 3 months unless it's for a compassionate reason or you're well and truly in rag with an injury and even then you'd spend half the time at Headley Court. He's probably PVR'd.

9. Yep. He's been binned out of training and is making up tough guy bollcks to cover it up. Next week he'll be telling you he's just back from Iraq.

10. Or just returned from "forward Recon" in Somalia. Lying littlewalter cnut.

11. Well you could, and you or he did.

12. Scrubbed because you aren't worth the effort.