Soldier's eyelids glued shut in initiation ceremony

No, Mr Journalist, it's not.

Bloody hell. A few cheeky drinks, and a bit of a laugh, certainly......but glueing some ******* eyes shut is ridiculous.

Z

Zarathustra

Don't listen to CrashTestDummy, it is very common. In fact I once had my mouth, nose and eyes glued shut. I was then locked in a locker and thrown down 30 flights of stairs where I was left over the remainder of the weekend. I died from my injuries. Luckily after 3 days light duties, atubbigrip and some Ibrufen from the med center I got better.

So his ncos were unaware of the bullying then, no doubt the cos, bos +boo were able to deal with the culprits.

Bloody hell. A few cheeky drinks, and a bit of a laugh, certainly......but glueing some ******* eyes shut is ridiculous.
Too tame?

I see the Scum has got its usual "source" telling them what happened.

There are loads if initiation ceremonies.

My favourite is the one where we all get blind drunk, eat kebab or curry and fall down blind drunk!
ah see thats cause they all have glue in eyes

Z

Zarathustra

On a serious note, who really thought gluing someones eyes shut would be a good idea?

At least someone was about in the middle of the night to rescue him

On a serious note, who really thought gluing someones eyes shut would be a good idea?

At least someone was about in the middle of the night to rescue him
The Scum (or rather their "source") says they put the glue on his forehead and it ran into his eyes.

Z

Zarathustra

The Scum (or rather their "source") says they put the glue on his forehead and it ran into his eyes.
I noticed that on a second reading, though I' sure it didn't say that in the paper, but I could be mistaken.

Still, ******* about with superglue on someones face is pretty retarded

My younger brother was bullied out of the same Battalion. I called their 'badge' to try and stop the continued bullying to no avail. His discipline became a massive issue, he finally served a sentence in 'the glass house' and was kicked out. Glad it has been brought to the fore.

I noticed that on a second reading, though I' sure it didn't say that in the paper, but I could be mistaken.

Still, ******* about with superglue on someones face is pretty retarded
[cough]anglians[/cough] ;-)

glad they showed us what a tube of glue looks like, i couldn't have worked that one out and it adds to the story

Got to love The Scum:

Screaming headline
A TERRIFIED teenage soldier was strapped to a bed and had his eyelids superglued together in a sick initiation ceremony.
A bit further down the article
The rookie had been with 2 Royal Anglian Regiment at the Dhekelia base in Cyprus for two months when he was subjected to his bullying nightmare, it was claimed.
So they wait 2 months for an initiation ceremony?

A bit further down
Parker and other lads had been drinking in their block when he was pounced on. The superglue incident didn't happen in his room, but one of the other lads'.
So victims tend to go drinking with their bullies, do they? Or go back to said bullies' rooms?

And finally:
"They strapped him to a bed with bungee rope before pouring superglue on his forehead.The soldiers didn't mean it to go into his eyes, but the glue ran down into them and caused utter agony."
Ahh, so they didn't actually "glue his eyelids together", at least not intentionally. Reading between the lines, what we have is a group of lads who got a bit bladdered, thought it would be funny to start superglueing things to body parts (dildo to forehead or similar?) and it all went a bit horribly wrong.

Cheers, our super-soaraway Forces supporting Sun... :roll: