Soldiers Dog mauls 4 Yr old Boy?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by LEG-endry_Engineer, Dec 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sky news:

The uncle of a four-year-old boy mauled to death by an illegal dog has been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter.

Christian Foulkes, 21, from the Wavertree area of Liverpool, will be questioned over the death of John Paul Massey, Merseyside Police said.

It is believed the animal, called Uno, belonged to Foulkes, who is thought to have been away training with the Army at the time of the incident.

a number of questions immediately ring out here!

Why did the T*T have this animal in the 1st place is one???

2. Nice one Trigger.

Done and done several times.

3. Excuse the feet first nature of this as my first post, but this is a story that has got right on my tits!

I'd love to have a dog but working twelve hour shifts and having various other commitments, it wouldn't be fair on the animal. (Not to mention I live in a first floor flat with no garden!)

Some people believe that owning a pet is a right, not a privilege, and don't consider the time, effort and commitment it involves. There are many such ''young gentlemen'' in my local area who consider the breeding and fighting of certain breeds to be a worthwhile hobby and in many cases, their main source of income (the social doesn't count as it takes less effort to claim and doesn't provide them with the same amount of tracksuit tokens.)

What I can't understand is why the police didn't act on this when they were told? Especially since the Lawrenson case a couple of years ago in the same area, surely this is a PR nightmare for them?

Maybe someone on here can shed some light on this, but when I've complained in the past to my local force or the council about the problem we have here, neither want to know.

Do difference forces have different policies relating to the DDA/Dangerous Animals?

HH

4. See my post above.

5. Problem with dangerous dogs?

[​IMG]

Plus…

[​IMG]

Problem solved