Soldiers career ended by attack

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by oldbaldy, Jul 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Another one!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/6277130.stm

2. Let's hope the sentence reflects the crime...

I won't hold my breath though..

3. We all know that what the attacker deserves and what he will get are two entirely separate things.....

4. Unfortunatly I have to agree with you, 3-5 years maybe? :x

5. there is someone on bebo and myspace with the same age, but aged 21, the attack was last nov, so could be him... im not giving a link though... as it might not be him... but couldn't find anyone else

6. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

If that.I'd bet on 18months suspended,100hrs community service & a paid ticket back home.
    Fecked if I know what's happening to this country.We are all proud to wear our uniform,but apart from a minority of the British Public ,we do not get the respect our sacrifices demand.At least in the USA,their servicemen get the respect they deserve.

7. If I was in charge, he'd be up for attempted murder right away. And as attempted murder is, to all extents and purposes, the same crime as murder, he'd be going away for the forseeable future.

8. He should be locked up and the key thrown away. I have to disagree howevwer with SPIKE's remarks about respect , the vast majority of civilians in the UK do respect the forces but as we don't make such a song and dance about it as the Septics we are always being slagged of as being unpatriotic while the septics are all wonderful. Being proud to be British means recognising the things that are good in this country , and there are lots of them, not constantly knocking everything that's British.We stioll live in the finest country in the world as is evidenced by the number of immigrants who want to live here, they don't all come for the giros and as members of HM forces you shouldn't have to be told that.

9. The cnut is on Facebook, on the Edinburgh network.

10. As said on the thread about the Nottingham attack of a Squaddie the other day this shouldnt matter if its a Squaddie or Civvy. Its deplorable behaviour and a viscous attack that should be treated as attempted murder in all cases like this.
    Knowing the judicial systems here now the cnut will be kicked out the country after a very short term in jail.

11. The cnut is on Facebook, on the Edinburgh network.

12. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Anyone logged on to tell him how big his hoop will be when he gets sent to BarL/Saughton/Peterhead see how much the big man he is thousands of miles from family and gets a bit of a chib or two over the nut. fcuking scum

13. sorry to say that hes not the only one - do you remember this 5/2/07

Man charged with soldier's murder

L/Cpl McBlain was based at Glencorse Barracks near Penicuik
    A man has appeared in court charged with the murder of an off-duty soldier who was home on leave from Iraq.
    Lance Corporal Charles McBlain, 23, was stabbed in Saltcoats, Ayrshire, in the early hours of New Year's day.

He was a member of the Royal Highland Fusiliers, 2nd Battalion The Royal Regiment of Scotland, based at Glencorse Barracks near Penicuik.

Graham Lennox, 24, from Saltcoats, made no plea when he appeared at Kilmarnock Sheriff Court charged with the murder.

He was remanded in custody and will appear at again next week.
    he was charged with murder and has been remanded in custody - don't know when the trial will be.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/6333235.stm

the whole situation stinks - there are knifings every day and for gods sake don't come to Glasgow - murder capital of Europe, makes you wonder why they thought Glasgow Airport would be a soft target!

14. And this one, about a young lad who was shot dead hours after returning from Iraq on leave...

Story Link

At least his killer got a half reasonable sentence.

15. Scum. :pissedoff:

In cases like this, I favour PARTIAL deportation.

Fly the cnut halfway to NZ. Drop him in the water. Then point in the direction of New Zealand, and tell him to start fcuking swimming.