Soldiers best friend keeps funeral promise

I think this photo is so profoundly sad because in normal circumstances it would be hilariously funny, but here, it's anything but funny, and it could turn out to be one of THE symbolic images of this war.
IMHO I think this comment just about sums it up.

Sympathetic_Reaction said:
I never thought I'd get slightly emotional about a bloke in a dress...but it happened.

S_R
Nods.

damn this dusty office!

To me says so much about what it means to be part of the Army/Forces. I did have a tear in the corner of the eye as well.

re-stilly said:
To me says so much about what it means to be part of the Army/Forces. I did have a tear in the corner of the eye as well.
Totally agree with you! moved me to clear some dust off the computer screen.

A true friend, that soldier. Well done to him and RIP to his mate.

JINGO

War Hero
Book Reviewer
That photograph is the sadest image I have seen in the 8 years of this war. If only our scum politicians were capable of showing even a tiny amount of the loyalty,honour,integrity and courage of this man and his now dead friend. Stand easy Fella.

JINGO said:
That photograph is the sadest image I have seen in the 8 years of this war. If only our scum politicians were capable of showing even a tiny amount of the loyalty,honour,integrity and courage of this man and his now dead friend. Stand easy Fella.
Steven McGlaughlan (Squaddie,A Soldiers Story) has rightly slated Ainsworthless on air,saying he (Ainsworth) has'nt done a decent days work in his life.
He also sent a 'warning' to the young lad in that think very carefully if he's going to join the Army & not for the wrong reasons.
RIP Private Elliott.

A true loyal friend, A promise fulfilled, An emotional scene

RIP

Very lively debate on the JV show indeed. They are discussing Squaddie humour and seeing the funny side of life. Yer man kept a promise and should be applauded. He is clearly distraught and honouring a dear mate. Jeepers it's dusty in here.